About the Metra 95-6553B Dash and Wiring Kit
Keep your factory features with a new radio
Keep your factory features with a new radio
Your 2015-up Chrysler 300 is a great car, but its console makes it difficult to upgrade the factory radio. Metra's 95-6553B dash and wiring kit has what you need to install an aftermarket double-DIN receiver in your car. The kit includes a 7" touchscreen display for climate controls and personalization features, and it includes an Axxess interface that allows you to retain your vehicle's steering wheel audio controls and climate controls, as well as your factory amplifier (if equipped), retained accessory power (RAP), factory backup camera, safety chimes, and balance and fade controls (non-amplified vehicle models only).
The interface also provides the outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense) you'll need to install a navigation receiver. You'll also get a replacement media hub and harness that lets you keep your factory USB input and AUX-IN jack, as well as giving you an HDMI input. The dash panel's painted matte black finish matches your factory dash. Installation of the aftermarket radio requires modification of the vehicle's sub-dash.
- includes 7" touchscreen for climate control and personalization features
- retains steering wheel audio controls, plus factory backup camera, aux input, USB port, and safety chimes
- retains factory amp (balance and fader will be lost)
- provides accessory power (12-volt 10-amp) and R.A.P. (retained accessory power)
- provides navigation outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense)
- updatable via Micro B USB input
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 95-6553B
What's in the box:
- Radio trimpanel
- LCD touchscreen monitor
- USB/HDMI/Aux hub
- Vehicle harness
- Interface harness
- Rear speaker harness
- Camera/Video harness
- Antenna adapter
- 3.5mm to 2-wire adapter harness
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Screws
- 4 Panel clips
- Installation Instructions
Customer reviews for Metra 95-6553B Dash and Wiring Kit
More details on the Metra 95-6553B Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 95-6553B includes a dash kit, touchscreen display with built-in radio replacement interface module, plus comes with wiring harnesses and adapters that allow the replacement of the factory radio in your 2015-up Chrysler 300 with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining important factory features.
Double-DIN Dash Kit: The included kit features high-grade ABS plastic and is contoured to match your vehicle's factory dashboard color and texture. The dash kit will fit most Double-DIN (4") aftermarket head units. It is not compatible with Single-DIN (2") aftermarket stereos.
Note: The sub-dash of your vehicle behind the factory radio will need to be cut to make room for your new aftermarket radio. Make sure to not cut into the snap locations. See the Installation Instructions for further details.
7" LCD Touchscreen (w/ Climate Control & Vehicle Settings): The Metra 95-6553B includes a 7" touchscreen display which mounts separately in the vehicle's dash from the included Double-DIN dash kit. In addition to touchscreen operation, convenient push-button controls are mounted on the bottom edge of the 7" LCD touchscreen. The 7" LCD touchscreen and push-button controls let you retain climate and vehicle customization functions that are normally lost when removing the factory radio.
Retained Factory Features: The Metra 95-6553B's radio replacement interface module is built into the 7" touchscreen display monitor interface. The following factory features will be retained -
- Factory Amplifier: The Metra 95-6553B will retain your vehicle's factory amplifier. However, balance and fader controls will be lost. The 95-6553B can also be used with non-amplified factory audio systems. In this case, you'll retain balance and fader controls.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The Metra 95-6553B lets you retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls (including audio controls) when used with a SWC compatible aftermarket receiver - no additional adapter required.
- Backup Camera: Your vehicle's factory backup camera is retained through the Metra 95-6553B. You can choose to have the camera display on the external 7" LCD touchscreen monitor or your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen. If you want the factory backup camera to display on your aftermarket radio's LCD touchscreen, the head unit must have a composite video camera input.
- R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power): RAP (Retained Accessory Power) keeps the radio powered on after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first. The Metra 95-6553B will retain this factory function.
- Warning & Safety Chimes: The Metra 95-6553B will also retain your vehicle's factory warning & safety chimes.
Media Hub: The Metra 95-6553B includes a media hub that allows you to retain your vehicle's factory USB ports and Aux input, as well as add an HDMI input. The media hub's USB inputs consists of two USB Type-A ports. The Aux input consists of male stereo RCA jacks. The HDM input consists of a full-size HDMI jack. Your aftermarket head unit must also have two rear-panel USB ports, an Aux input, and a HDMI input to utilize the included media hub. In some cases, you may need a stereo minijack to RCA adapter (sold separately) to retain the Aux input.
Outputs: The Metra 95-6553B contains a 12V/10A Accessory output, as well as Navigation outputs that make installation easier and less time consuming.
- +12V/10A Accessory Output: In the 2015-up Chrysler 300, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, so the 95-6553B is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire). Otherwise, you would need to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio
- Navigation Outputs: The Metra 95-6553B provides wired outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.