About the Metra 99-5847CH Dash and Wiring Kit
Metra's 99-5847CH dash and wiring kit enables you to install a new single-DIN (2” tall) or double-DIN (4” tall) radio in your 2011-15 Ford Explorer. The kit includes a 4.2" touchscreen which supplies controls for the front and rear climate controls and the Ford SYNC® system. A built-in interface allows you to keep your steering wheel audio controls. The interface also lets you keep your factory backup camera, your Ford amplifier and subwoofer (along with balance and fade controls), and your retained accessory power (RAP) feature. It supplies the outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense) you'll need to install a NAV receiver. The kit includes an integrated hazard button and passenger airbag indicator. The kit's painted charcoal grey finish matches your Ford's interior dash.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this kit is compatible with your vehicle.
- fits select 2011-15 Ford Explorer models with 4.2" screen
- includes dash kit, touchscreen display, radio replacement module, wiring harness, and antenna adapter
- built-in 4.2" touchscreen with buttons retains most climate and vehicle customization features
- retains steering wheel audio controls, SYNC, factory backup camera, factory amp and sub (with balance and fade)
- provides outputs (parking brake, reverse, speed sense) needed for a GPS receiver
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99-5847CH
What's in the box:
Metra 99-5847CH Dash and Wiring Kit owner's manual
- Touchscreen display (w/ integrated radio replacement module)
- LD-BX-FD3 wiring harness
- LD-2NAVAMP harness
- LD-FDCAM-12 harness
- LD-TSCREENVID harness
- LD-SWC-F3.5 harness
- LD-5847-HAZ harness
- AD-EU1 antenna adapter
- 2 Brackets
- Four #8 x 3/8" screws
- Two #4 x 1/2" screws
- 2 Panel-clips
- Installation Instructions
Metra 99-5847CH Dash and Wiring Kit reviews
More details on the Metra 99-5847CH Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 99-5847CH includes a dash kit, touchscreen display with built-in radio replacement interface module, plus comes with wiring harnesses and adapters that allow the replacement of the factory radio (w/ 4.2" screen) in your 2011-2015 Ford Explorer with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining important factory features.
Single or Double-DIN Dash Kit: The included kit features high-grade ABS plastic and is contoured to match your vehicle's factory dashboard color and texture. The dash kit will fit most single-DIN or Double-DIN aftermarket head units. Single-DIN radios will mount with the included pocket. Double-DIN radios will mount without pocket. The Metra 99-5847CH allows for installation of your new aftermarket head unit in the upper or lower area of the dash kit.
4.2" LCD Touchscreen (w/ Climate Control & Vehicle Settings): The Metra 99-5847CH includes a 4.2" touchscreen display which mounts in the dash kit. Push-button controls are mounted on either side of the 4.2" LCD touchscreen. The 4.2" LCD touchscreen and push-button controls let you retain climate and vehicle customization functions that are normally lost when removing the factory radio are retained. The kit also includes an integrated hazard button and passenger airbag light.
Retained Features: The Metra 99-5847CH's radio replacement interface module is built into the touchscreen & push-button control interface. The following factory features are retained -
- Ford SYNC: The 99-5847CH will retain the Ford SYNC system (including USB & Aux) through your aftermarket radio's rear-panel Aux input (a minijack-to-RCA may be required - sold separately). Your aftermarket radio must be set to the Aux input to hear SYNC functions.
- Factory Amplifier & Sub: The Metra 99-5847CH will retain your vehicle's factory amplifier and sub, along with balance and fade control.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The Metra 99-5847CH lets you retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls when used with a SWC compatible aftermarket receiver (no additional adapter required).
- Factory Backup Camera: Your vehicle's factory backup camera is retained through the Metra 99-5847CH. You can choose to have the camera display on the 99-5847CH 's 4.2" LCD touchscreen or your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen. If you want the factory backup camera to display on your aftermarket radio's LCD touchscreen, the head unit must have a composite video camera input.
- R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power): RAP (Retained Accessory Power) keeps the radio powered on after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first. The 99-5847CH will retain this factory function.
Note: There is a female composite video connector labeled "AUX video" which will not be used. There is also a multi-pin DIN connector which will not be used.
+12V/10A Accessory Output: In the 2011-2015 Ford Explorer , there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, so the 99-5847CH is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire). Otherwise, you would need to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio
Navigation Outputs: The Metra 99-5847CH provides wired outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
3 questions already asked