About the Axxess LC-GMRC-044 Wiring Interface
Problem: Installing an aftermarket receiver in many late model GM vehicles means losing the chime that warns the door is open, along with audible safety warnings. You want to retain the chime and warnings, but you don't want to keep the factory amp or OnStar®.
Solution: The Axxess LC-GMRC-044 GM Data Bus interface lets you replace the factory receiver in these vehicles and keep the door chime and all audible safety warnings, without having to spend the extra cash for an adapter that retains features that you aren't going to use.
Wire up the LC-GMRC-044 to your aftermarket radio, mount the module in a location where the chime can be heard, and plug it into the existing factory plug. Get the great sound you want, and keep all important safety features intact. The LC-GMRC-044 does not retain OnStar and it's designed for non-amplified factory systems or systems in which the factory amp has been bypassed. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: This LC-GMRC-044 interface allows you to keep your factory door chime (needed to keep audible safety warnings functioning) while providing a switched 12-volt power source for your new radio. If you do not use a compatible interface when you replace your factory radio, you will disable the audible warning system in your vehicle. Crutchfield cannot provide a free wiring harness for your vehicle, and we strongly recommend that you use this interface when replacing this vehicle's factory radio. Failure to do so may result in serious injury or death.
What's in the box:
Axxess LC-GMRC-044 Wiring Interface owner's manual
- GM Radio replacement interface module
- Wiring harness
- Installation Instructions
Axxess LC-GMRC-044 Wiring Interface reviews
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Axxess LC-GMRC-044 Wiring Interface
Vehicle Compatibility: The Axxess LC-GMRC-044 is designed for use in select 2011-up GM vehicles with non-amplified factory systems or when replacing the factory amplified system.
|Cruze (monochrome factory radio)||2011-up|
|Malibu (monochrome factory radio)||2013-up|
Note: *Only compatible when vehicle has factory navigation.
Retained Features: The LC-GMRC-044 provides +12-volt accessory output, retains warning chimes and turn-signals, plus retains R.A.P. (retained accessory power).
- +12V Accessory Output: In many GM vehicles, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The LC-GMRC-044 is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire).
- Warning Chimes + Turn Signals: The LC-GMRC-044 retains factory warning chimes and turn-signal clicks through the use of an on-board speaker.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of most GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The LC-GMRC-044 is designed to retain this feature.
Note: This radio replacement interface does not retain OnStar.
4 questions already asked
Doesn't get more easier then this. Plugged in and worked perfect no issues what so ever
Adan from Corp Christi, TX