About the Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS
Two is better than one
Two is better than one
I often wonder why more CD receivers don't offer what Pioneer's DEH-X8800BHS CD receiver does — front and rear USB inputs. Seems like a small thing, but consider the possibilities. Run the rear USB cable behind the dash to your glove box, connect a thumb drive or iPod® loaded with music, and you've always got tunes when you get in the car. Meanwhile, you can plug your smartphone into the front USB port to charge it and enjoy features like streaming music services, your favourite podcasts, and more. But that's not all that's cool about this receiver.
Choose your own colour scheme.
Let's start with Bluetooth®
The DEH-X8800BHS offers the convenience and safety you expect with built-in Bluetooth hands-free calling, and this Pioneer supports two paired phones at once, so other drivers in your family can enjoy the advantages too. And with audio streaming, if you can listen to it on your smartphone, you can stream it wirelessly to the receiver. It's a great way to enjoy your podcasts, audio books, or a variety of music
Got an iPhone with Siri?
This versatile CD receiver supports Siri Eyes Free with your iPhone through Bluetooth, which means you can ask Siri to make calls, select and play music, compose and hear text messages, read notifications, even use maps and get directions — all commanded by your voice.
Awesome music options
Plug your iPhone® or compatible Android™ into either of the USB inputs and you can access your stored music files from the receiver's controls. And, if you're a Pandora® user you'll control of your favourite playlists or stations, either via USB with your iPhone or Bluetooth with Android. Pioneer's ARC app gives you in-depth access to receiver controls from your smartphone.
The DEH-X8800BHS also features App Mode, so you can play and control music from music apps like iHeartRadio®, Aupeo™, and others when used with an iPhone (via USB connection). If you're into higher fidelity, spin your favourite discs from your CD collection, or enjoy FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) files you've loaded onto USB thumb drive.
Whatever you're listening to, you can tailor the soundscape with the 13-band EQ, complete with seven preset EQ curves. Three pairs of preamp outputs let you build a rocking system with external amps and subwoofers.
The best radio
The DEH-X8800BHS's built-in HD Radio tuner takes listening to your local stations to the next level. Tune into a station that broadcasts an HD Radio signal and you'll enjoy the best sound in radio, plus extra programming choices on second and third channels when available. For some stellar variety, add a satellite radio tuner (not included, subscription required) and tap into the galaxy of music, news, sports, and talk programs offered by SiriusXM wherever you go.
Colors to match your dash
The DEH-X8800BHS CD receiver adds some pop to your dash by letting you choose from over 210,000 colours with 10 brightness levels, so you can match this Pioneer's display to your vehicle's dash illumination. When you're in the mood, Pioneer's exclusive MIXTRAX feature adds a light show to your dash as you're listening to your favourite playlists and music files. You'll enjoy a pulsating multi-colour display that's synchronized with your tunes, plus DJ-style audio transitions from song to song. It's sure to liven up the audio experience in your ride.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- variable color illumination with separate control of display and buttons and 10-level dimmer
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience with compatible devices
- FLAC playback from USB drives
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility):
- built in iPod, iPhone, and iPad controls
- Pandora control with iPhone and Android
- music file playback on select Android devices through USB input
- ARC app for smartphone control of receiver
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) for improved sound quality from compressed music files
- 13-band equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- 3-level loudness
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner (supports new Tune Mix feature)
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs, rear USB input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DEH-X8800BHS
What's in the box:
Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS owner's manual
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- 58" USB extension cable
- Wireless remote control (QXE1044)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed)
- Auto-EQ microphone (attached 6.5' cord terminated by a male 3.5mm connector)
- External microphone w/ sunvisor clip (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Extraction keys
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Limited Warranty Information (US/CA)
Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS reviews
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||1.0A|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|Full size||5Gen and newer|
|Nano||1Gen and newer|
|Touch||1Gen and newer|
|iPhone||2G and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,FLAC,WAV|
Android & iPhone Integration
Audio & DSP Section
Bluetooth 3.0: The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 3.0), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS.
Multi-Device Pairing w/ Dual Phone Connection: Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this receiver. You are even able to keep two Bluetooth-enabled phones connected at the same time, so you can make and receive calls from either phone through the head unit. You can only stream music from one phone at a time; you will be able switch between the two phones in the head unit's menu. Additional pairing features include -
- SSP (Simple Secure Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the DEH-X8800BHS without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP).
- USB Pairing for iPhone: You can also pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Pioneer head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
- Guest Mode: "Guest Mode" allows you to add and replace a 3rd mobile device instantly to the receiver; Guest Mode is a great feature for a family vehicle with multiple drivers or a driver with multiple devices because it allows users to pair and delete devices easily without a lengthy registration or deletion process.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The DEH-X8800BHS supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. And, thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the DEH-X8800BHS provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The DEH-X8800BHS allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the DEH-X8800BHS, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Presets: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Call Log: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing (Siri & Google Voice): When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or later via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. It also supports Google Voice for select Android smartphones (not compatible with Samsung "S Voice"). You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Note: The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many aftermarket or factory radios. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip. The microphone measures 0.475" (diameter) x 1.445" (depth). The unit is not equipped with an integrated microphone.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the DEH-X8800BHS lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4+ phones only). The head unit will also display your music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
Siri Eyes-Free Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth (not USB), the Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press and hold head unit's phone key to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the DEH-X8800BHS and its microphone. You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's front-panel LCD will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer CD receiver; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Android & iPhone Integration
Android Direct Connect via USB: The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS enables playback of stored music and music apps on select Android devices through its front-panel or rear-panel USB port. There are two types of modes to choose from based on your type of Android smartphone and what content you want to listen to.
- AOA 2.0 (Stored Music & Music Apps): The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you connect your Android smartphone (OS 4.1-7.1.2) to the DEH-X8800BHS's front-panel or rear-panel USB port and listen to stored music and select music apps from your Android device through the Pioneer receiver. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Other advanced music navigation will still be done from your Android smartphone's touchscreen. In this mode, the head unit will not display song/artist information; you'll continue to view song/artist information from the Android device's touchscreen. You'll still be able to access other functions and applications from your Android smartphone's touchscreen, while listening to music through the head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
- MTP (Stored Music w/ Song/Artist Info): The DEH-X8800BHS also supports MTP for playback & control of stored MP3/WMA music files on your Android (OS 4.0+) device through the Pioneer receiver's front-panel or rear-panel USB port. In this mode, you get basic playback control (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), plus song/artist information on the receiver's LCD screen. During MTP connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
- Before connecting your Android device, you will need to setup Android connectivity within the head unit's menu - select "Memory" for MTP mode and "App Control" for AOA 2.0 mode. You will also need to indicate which USB input (Front or Rear) you are using, before connecting your device.
- Only one USB input can be active at a time; only the active USB input will display as a source selection. You cannot simply toggle back and forth between the Front & Rear USB input. To change USB inputs, you must disconnect the Android device and make the change in the receiver's menu before connecting to the other USB input.
iPod Direct Connect via USB: The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS supports audio playback of stored music & music apps on your Apple iPod/iPhone, along with control and song/artist information display through its front-panel or rear-panel USB port. If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the DEH-X8800BHS. If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the DEH-X8800BHS. You can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone through the head unit's front-panel controls, from its clickwheel/touchscreen, or via a streamed app from your iPhone.
- Head Unit: From the head unit, you can browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically. In addition, the head unit offers Link Play, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, and Song/Artist/Album name. Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked, so you can access music apps; other iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during this mode.
- iPod/iPhone: In iPod mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen, while still being able to view song/artist information and control basic playback functions from the head unit. You will not be able to browse your iPod/iPhone's music by category from the head unit or use Link Play in this mode.
- Apps: App mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps from your iPhone (iOS 5.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. Once you have selected the music app from your iPhone, you'll be able to listen to music from that app through the Pioneer head unit, view song/artist information on the head unit's LCD, and operate basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from the head unit's front-panel control. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode.
- Before connecting your Apple iPod/iPhone device, you will need indicate which USB input (Front or Rear) you are using within the Pioneer receiver's menu.
- Only one USB input can be active at a time; only the active USB input will display as a source selection. You cannot simply toggle back and forth between the Front & Rear USB input. To change USB inputs, you must disconnect the Apple device and make the change in the receiver's menu before connecting to the other USB input.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 12/30/2017):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||ARC||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Mobile Device Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your Android device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it). The receiver even offers a "USB Auto Switch" feature so when your device is connected via USB you have the option to choose whether the receiver uses the phone as a source, or just charges the device.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS using your USB-connected Apple iPhone or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the DEH-X8800BHS via the CD-IU52 Pioneer iPod connector cable or the connector-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The DEH-X8800BHS provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Shuffle Station List: You can listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- Advanced Station Creation New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing on Pandora. The DEH-X8800BHS also allows you to create new Pandora stations from the current playing song or artist while listening to sources such as iPod or HD Radio, even when you're not listening to Pandora.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Pioneer CD receiver is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 175 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features include:
- Channel + Category Lists: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories.
- Song/Artist Information: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- Instant Replay & Category Scan: The SiriusXM Instant Replay function lets you pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content from the station that you are currently listening to. During Category Scan, the live broadcast for each channel in the current category plays for six seconds at a time.
- Presets: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite
Radio Station Presets with special tuning features.
- TuneStart: TuneStart automatically start songs from the beginning when you tune to one of your preset music channels stored on the current band of presets.
- TuneScan: TuneScan lets you scan through short previews of songs you may have missed on music channels stored on the current band of presets.
- TuneMix: Create a music channel that's a blend of songs made up from the music channels stored on the current band of presets.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
HD Radio: The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS's built-in HD Radio tuner lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 3 multicast programs (HD1 to HD3, and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
- Station Text + RDS: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. For analog FM stations, the Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as song/artist information when listening to compatible RDS FM stations.
- Supertuner IIID: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- Reception Blending: If a digital broadcast reception condition gets poor, this unit automatically switches to the analog broadcast of the same frequency level. If this function is set to "On", the tuner switches between digital broadcast and analog broadcast automatically. If this function is 'Off', reception will be conducted within an analog broadcast.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest analog or HD stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
- Emergency Alerts: Emergency Alerts work in conjunction with the Federal Emergency Alert Services to provide more advanced messaging during emergencies or disasters. Providing relevant local content, particularly in times of severe weather or other natural emergencies make HD Radio's Emergency Alerts feature an invaluable resource.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from a HD Radio or RDS FM broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to www.hdradio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Compatible Discs: The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS CD receiver supports playback of CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. This unit can play MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV files recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject + Auto Off Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. When you eject a disc, the unit will automatically power off (unless you switch sources before ejecting the disc).
- Installation Angle: Optimum CD playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 60-degrees.
Dual USB Ports: The CD receiver's front-panel and rear-panel USB (type-A) ports allow you to connect USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) devices, such as a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive (up to 32GB). The receiver comes with a 58" USB extension cable for the rear-panel USB port. The USB ports enable audio playback & control of MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV audio files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS. Basic playback controls included Play/Pause, FW/RW, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. Song/artist information such as track, artist, and album name will also be displayed on the head unit.
- Before connecting your USB thumbdrive, you will need to indicate which USB port (Front or Rear) you are using.
- Only one USB input can be active at a time; only the active USB input will display as a source selection. You cannot simply toggle back and forth between the Front & Rear USB input. To change USB inputs, you must disconnect the USB device and make the change in the receiver's menu before connecting to the other USB input.
Compatible Music Files: The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS supports the following types of MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, & WAV music files recorded onto a CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB MSC device.
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long file name||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 48-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 11.025-48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 8/16-bit w/ sampling rate of 16-48kHz or 22.05-44.1kHz
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 48-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 11.025-48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 8/16-bit w/ sampling rate of 16-48kHz or 22.05-44.1kHz (not supported by MTP)
FLAC: bit rate of 16/24-bit w/ sampling rate of 8-96kHz (not supported by MTP)
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||99 folders/999 files||1500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA/AAC/FLAC tags|
File/Track Name List: The Name List feature displays a list of albums and tracks on a connected USB device or inserted CD-R/RW disc, so you can easily access your music. Music files are listed first by Artist name, then by Album name, and finally by Song title.
Song/Artist Information: During music playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) and WMA/AAC/FLAC Tag information; including artist, song, and album name.
Playback Controls: The Pioneer CD receiver provides basic operations like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random for disc and USB device playback.
Auxiliary Input: The DEH-X8800BHS is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input for connecting external components, such as a portable digital audio player.
Audio & DSP Section
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Pioneer in-dash head unit utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The DEH-X8800BHS is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: The power specifications for the DEH-X8800BHS are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+10 to -24).
Auto-Calibration Microphone: The included auto-calibration microphone automatically measures your vehicle's interior acoustic characteristics and the distance between each speakers and the driver's seat. Based on these measurements, the DEH-X8800BHS create an auto-equalizer curves and adjusts the time alignment for better sound quality inside your vehicle. The auto-calibration microphone plugs into the head unit's front-panel Aux input and should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward during setup.
Crossovers: The DEH-X8800BHS employs high-pass and low-pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speaker setup.
- Standard: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass
crossover network for a standard Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup
using either speaker-level or low-level outputs.
- HPF: The head unit's -6 to -24dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an -6 to -24dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
- Network: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass
crossover network for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and
Sub using low-level outputs only.
- Highs: The high-pass crossover for your tweeters can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Mids: You can set a high-pass and low-pass crossover from your midrange/midbass drivers. The high-pass crossover can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off. The low-pass crossover can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Lows: The low-pass crossover for your subwoofers can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-200") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from +10 to -24 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
- Auto Level: This function automatically corrects the audio level difference between the music files and/or the sources.
Rear Speaker Setup: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 3 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPod/iPhone, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App mode or with the Pandora App for iPod/iPhone, and is not supported by USB MTP devices. The Advanced Sound Retriever function is disabled when MIXTRAX is activated.
Detachable Face Security: The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS in-dash CD receiver features detachable face security. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit.
Color Customization: Color Customization lets the user match their receiver illumination to their vehicle's interior lighting. Over 210,000 colors are available to match the illumination of almost any car. The button illumination and display illumination colors can be customized separately for an endless number of color combinations. You can select from 12 preset colors, customize an illumination color (by adjusting Red/Blue/Green brightness levels), or scan through a variety of colors.
Brightness Control: You can manually adjust the brightness (1-10) of the head unit's display to suit your viewing needs. You can also sync the receiver's illumination to the head units' clock or your vehicle's headlights. To dim the receiver's display automatically when the vehicle's headlights are turned on, you'll need to hardwire the orange/white wire of the head unit's harness to your vehicle's parking light circuit.
MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose different patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music.
Clock Display: When the Clock Display has been turned on, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns off audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remains on (you can press the "DISP" button to turn off). When the Clock Display has been turned off, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns the unit off completely. Even if you have turned the radio completely off you can view the clock display by pressing the "DISP" button. The clock will then remain On until you turn it back Off. When the unit is On, you can select between the clock display or the audio track/tuner display.
Advanced Remote Control App (for Apple iOS & Android): Download the Pioneer ARC (Advanced Remote Control) App onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) or Android (4.1+) device to turn your smartphone or tablet device into a remote control for the Pioneer head unit. Your Apple iOS device can be connected via USB or Bluetooth, while your Android device can only be connected via USB. The following control features are available via the Pioneer Advanced Remote Control App.
- Source Selection: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select between the head unit's sources for playback. Choose AM/FM tuner, disc, Aux, or the music library on your device.
- Playback Functions: The app offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat for your mobile device's music library. You are also able to browse your Apple iOS or Android device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Playlist. For AM/FM tuner, you are able to seek stations, switch AM/FM bands, and select presets from the Pioneer ARC app.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The Pioneer Advanced Remote Control App provides song/artist information with album art for the music stored on your Apple iOS or Android device. You also get station identification for AM/FM radio; if an AM/FM station supports RDS, you will even get song/artist info.
- Favorites: The app lets you quickly display radio stations saved as favorites, plus favorite songs in your Apple iOS or Android device's music library. From the Favorite screen, you also get access to contacts saved as "favorites" on your smartphone.
- Select Apps: From the Pioneer ARC app, you can also pick from select music apps (like Pandora, iHeart, TuneIn, and more) that are installed on your Apple iOS or Android device. Once you select a specific music app, that particular music app opens on your mobile device for playback control.
Note: If you switch to other applications and functions, such as using other iOS device or Android applications or placing calls from your smartphone, you must restart the Pioneer ARC app on your iOS device or Android device.
Wireless Remote Control: The DEH-X8800BHS comes with an IR wireless remote control. The remote allows you to control the volume, switch between sources, pause playback, skip music tracks, change display info, and answer/end Bluetooth phone call. You can also mute the volume (function that cannot be performed from the front panel).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
The Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS replaces these items
- built-in Bluetooth with dual-phone pairing for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Siri "Eyes Free" support with compatible iPhones
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
25 questions already asked
Now I have two! The best single DIN radio I've owned. Versatile in many ways including sound customization, bought my first one four years ago and still going. It's in my Jeep so it's seen some abuse so that's more testimony to the quality of this radio, love it!
Troy from Federal Way, WA