About the JL Audio M3-770ETXv3-Sb-S-Gm
Get out and get loud
Get out and get loud
JL Audio builds their M3 tower speakers to deliver quality sound while you're tearing along your favourite stretch of water. Whether you're out for a day of water skiing or rolling along the river on the way to a fishing spot, you'll definitely hear your music over the roar of the engine.
Made to perform
The super-stiff mica-injected polypropylene cones feature durable synthetic-rubber surrounds, while the 3/4" treated silk dome tweeters are mounted directly to the grilles for optimal sound. High-quality 2-way crossovers send the highs and lows where they're supposed to go, so you'll hear all the details of your music, even when you're really moving across the water. Lightweight neodymium magnets deliver heavy sound, but won't mess with your boat's centre of gravity.
Tough enough for rough water
Specially tuned for maximum performance, these sleek, sharp-looking 7.7" speakers use marine-grade stainless steel, synthetic fibers, and UV-resistant polymer baskets to protect their inner workings against humidity and salt. They look terrific, of course, but they're also durable enough to survive in harsh marine environments.
Don't forget the clamps
Each of the injection-moulded enclosures features a decorative, aluminum logo cap on the end opposite the speaker, and is designed to mate with a JL Audio clamp system (sold separately). The speaker wire exits through the centre of the mount, so it stays high, dry, and out of sight.
- Featured in our article: Best wakeboard tower speakers for 2023
- 7.7" 2-way marine tower speakers (pair)
- injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofers with synthetic rubber surrounds
- UV- and corrosion-resistant polymer baskets and grilles
- 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- 2-way crossovers attached to the woofer baskets
- power handling: 70 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 55-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- enclosure depth: 12-1/2"
- enclosure diameter: 7-3/4"
- JL Audio mounting clamps (sold separately) are required
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # 93536
What's in the box:
- 2 Marine tower speakers (satin black/gunmetal gray) with attached 18" speaker/LED wire
- 2 Endcaps
- 12 Crimp-connectors
- 1 Tube of RTV Silicone
- Specification sheet
Customer reviews for JL Audio M3-770ETXv3-Sb-S-Gm
More details on the JL Audio M3-770ETXv3-Sb-S-Gm
Features & specs
|Woofer Composition||Mica filled polypropylene|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
90.5 dB at 1 watt |
|Max RMS Power Handling||70|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||225|
Overview: JL Audio's M3-770ETXv3 marine speakers feature their M3 7.7-inch marine woofer and 3/4" dome tweeter, coaxially mounted in attractive injection-molded enclosures designed to withstand the harsh marine environment. Each enclosure includes a decorative, aluminum logo cap that can be oriented to match any mounting application.
Materials Testing: All of JL Audio's marine products endure rigorous materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity. This includes ultraviolet testing chambers, simulating years of sun exposure, along with salt/fog chambers, simulating years of exposure to salt water. This level of testing allows JL Audio to build products that not only sound great, but will endure the marine environment for a long time.
Power Handling: The 4Ω JL Audio marine speakers can handle 70 watts RMS with a peak power rating of 225 watts. For best results, the they should be powered by a marine amplifier in the 25-150 watt RMS range.
Mounting: The M3-770ETXv3's do NOT include mounting clamps or hardware. Various size clamps, both fixed and swiveling, are available here for mounting the marine speakers to a large variety of wake-towers and rails. JL Audio provides a Pipe Mounting Fixture Ruler that can be downloaded here for determining the proper pipe diameter.
Wiring: Each speaker includes an 18" wire loom extending from the bottom of the enclosure with bare-ended wires. Along with the speaker positive and negative, 4 wires are also provided for the powering optional LED lighting (not included).
- Speaker Wires: Positive & Ground
- Red/Black: Speaker positive (+)
- Black/White: Speaker negative (-)
- Optional LED Wires: Requires JL Audio's LED Caps (sold separately)
- Yellow: RGB LED positive (+12V)
- Red: RGB LED negative for red (-)
- Blue: RGB LED negative for blue (-)
- Green: RGB LED negative for green (-)
The JL Audio M3-770ETXv3-Sb-S-Gm replaces these items
- injection-moulded, mica-filled polypropylene woofers with synthetic rubber surrounds
- 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- handles up to 150 watts RMS (225 watts peak)
1 question already asked