About the Kicker 47KEY200.4
Now you can get fantastic, high-fidelity sound without shelling out a lot of money for complicated gear or spending too much time tuning the system after installation. Kicker's KEY200.4 compact car amplifier features automatic signal processing that tailors the sound for your specific vehicle's interior space. This 4-channel compact power pack will send 50 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers — more than twice the power of a typical aftermarket receiver, three or four times the power of a typical factory radio.
KEY Auto Setup tunes in minutes, not hours
After installation, you set up the included calibration mic, start the test noise (downloaded from Kicker), hit the activation button, and the KEY Auto Setup software automatically sets the crossovers, 40-band EQ, and time-aligns the sound for the front seat driver. Then later, with the button, you can A/B the before- and after-processing sound, to amaze your friends and family.
You can manually enable Auto Compression, for a more consistent and safer power output. A limiter kicks in and lights up when it detects clipping, letting you know that something's too loud. A Bi-Amp mode lets you actively run tweeters and woofers without a passive crossover, by applying customized active crossover settings during the KEY Auto Setup process.
Start-Stop problem solved
Some eco-friendly cars actually turn off their engines when stopped, and then start up again when the brakes are released. The voltage dip during starting could shut down an amplifier or allow it to pass a dangerous clipped signal to the speakers. The KEY200.4 prevents these issues by automatically engaging its limiter in these circumstances.
This amp's so tiny, it'll fit almost anywhere in almost any vehicle. Kicker's FIT2™ technology, using speaker-level inputs with DC offset sensing turn-on, ensures this amp will work in just about any system, even one with a factory radio. The Radio-Detect switch makes sure you never get a "No Speakers Detected" message on your receiver's display when you install this amp.
KEY200.4 with activation button and calibration mic
- Featured in our article: Best 4-channel car amplifiers for 2022
- 4-channel car amplifier/sound processor
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- CTA-2006 compliant
- non-bridgeable — minimum impedance of 4 ohms per channel
- Class D amp technology
- KEY Auto Setup customizes the signal for your vehicle
- calibration mic and activation button included
- pink noise test tones available from Kicker.com
- automatic adjustments include 40-band EQ, 24 dB/octave crossover filters, time alignment
- Bi-Amp mode applies tweeter/woofer crossover settings during KEY Auto Setup
- switchable auto compression
- selectable high-pass filters (off, 60, 80, 120 Hz; 24 dB/octave)
- automatic limiter with clip lights
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- DC offset sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- Radio-Detect circuit supplies speaker load for receiver to sense
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 12- or 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 20A x 1
- dimensions: 7-3/8"W x 1-11/16"H x 2-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 47KEY2004
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 12" Power/ground/speaker output harness
- 12" Input harness
- Loop wire w/ inline fuse holder
- 20-amp ATO fuse (installed)
- Calibration microphone w/ attached 11.5' cable and inline Activation button (cable terminated in a 3.5mm TRS plug)
- 16" Rubber microphone strap
- Two 12" wire ties
- Four 1" screws
- Quickstart guide
More details on the Kicker 47KEY200.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||4|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||640, 3200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||60,80,120,320,3200|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Kicker KEY200.4 amplifier features 4 x 50W RMS power in a compact chassis designed to be used with most factory or aftermarket radios. Built-in, AI-driven DSP processing lets you fine tune the system to your vehicle with a single button push, providing a more realistic soundstage.
Power&Bi-Amping: The KEY200.4 amplifier features Class-D amp topology, making it more compact and able to run cooler than other types of amplifiers. The KEY200.4 can provide up to 50W RMS power to each of the 4 channels, running in either a full-range or bi-amp configuration. The optional Bi-Amp setting lets your power a single woofer/tweeter component speaker set using the 4 output channels. When switched to Bi-Amp, via the DIP switch matrix, the amp will automatically detect and apply one of two Bi-Amp Modes after running the KEY Auto-Setup using the provided microphone. Bi-Amp Modes include:
- Woofers & Tweeters: Applies a 3.2kHz 24dB/oct high-pass filter for the tweeters, and a 3.2kHz low-pass for the woofers.
- Woofers & Dash Speakers: This mode applies a 320Hz 24db/oct high-pass filter for the dash speakers, and a 640Hz low-pass filter for the woofers.
KEY Technology: The KEY200.4 features built-in, AI-driven, DSP that can dramatically improve the sound quality of your system. Prior to running the Auto-Setup, you will need to have a pink noise source ready to play from your headunit, either CD, MP3, AUX, Bluetooth, USB, etc. For best results, uncompressed audio is recommended, ensuring full amplitude across the frequency spectrum. Pink noise test tones are available from Kicker and can be found here. The included Auto-Setup microphone and rubber hold-down strap let you place the microphone on top of the driver's side headrest, while an inline Activation button lets you start the Auto Setup, giving you 10 seconds to exit the vehicle. If the Auto-Setup needs to be run again, holding down the Activation button for 10 seconds will reset the Auto-Setup. Auto-Setup features include Kicker EQ, Time Delay, and speaker sensitivity matching. Kicker EQ and Time Delay features can be enabled/disabled via side-panel DIP switches and must be enabled (default) before running the Auto-Setup. If disabled after Auto-Setup, the setting is still kept in internal memory and will be re-applied if the switch is enabled again.
- Pink noise test-tones are NOT included and can be downloaded here.
- Factory noise-canceling and active noise enhancement must be disabled before running the Auto-Setup.
DIP Matrix: An 8 switch DIP matrix lets you quickly activate/deactivate settings from the Auto-Setup along with additional options.
- Auto Turn-On: Two settings are available:
- 12V: Uses a +12V trigger from a headunit for activation.
- DC: DC Offset mode uses a 3V DC offset on the speaker wires to detect when the headunit has been powered on. This option only works when using speaker-level inputs. The DC Offset setting causes the Remote Wire to change to a +12V Remote Output for activating other amplifiers from the KEY200.4.
- Time Delay: Enables/disables the time delay for each speaker, set by the Auto-Setup.
- Kicker EQ: Enables/disables the Kicker EQ settings made during the Auto-Setup.
- Compression: Enables the Auto Compression feature that reduces higher amplitude signals above a certain threshold, providing a more consistent level with less jumps in volume.
- Fader: The On setting lets you run front and rear input signals into the amp. Off lets you feed all 4 channels from one stereo input.
- Bi-Amp Mode: Can be set On when running a single component speaker set from all 4 output channels.
- Hi-Pass: Two DIP switches let you activate and configure an internal high-pass filter for 4 output channels. Options include: Off, 60Hz, 80Hz, and 120Hz.
- Gain: Two Gain dials let you match the radio's output signal to the amp's input. The included Limiter LEDs can be used in conjunction with the Gain dials, letting you increase the input signal until the Limiter LEDs light, then backing them down below the clip point.
- Radio Detect: This button can be activated if using speaker-level inputs from a factory headunit that stops outputting sound after being connected to the amplifier. This activates a load resistor, letting the headunit continue to output sound as if the factory speakers were present.
- Limiter: A built-in Limiter circuit can automatically engage to
protect your speakers. Two LEDs light to indicate when the Limiter is being
activated, which can happen if the signal starts to clip or distort.
- Start Up: It automatically engages during vehicle start up when the vehicle voltage drops momentarily.
- Low Voltage: If the input voltage drops below +10.8V, the Limiter may light at moderate to high volumes.
- Input Signal Overdrive: If the Input Gain is too high, louder signals may start to clip, activating the Limiter.
Power Management: The KEY200.4 amplifier is fully compatible with newer vehicles using start-stop systems. It also features FIT2 (Fail-Safe Integration Technology), making it compatible with nearly every factory and aftermarket radio.
Wiring: The KEY200.4 includes an 8-pin Input Harness and a 14-pin power/ground/speaker output harness.
- Input: Includes 4 RCAs for use with low-level input signals. If using speaker-level outputs from the radio, the RCAs get cut off and bare-wire connections are made.
- Output: Includes two 16-gauge wires each for power and ground.
A 20-amp fuse and fuse holder are provided for attachment at the battery. Four
pair of 16-gauge wires provide the speaker outputs:
- White: LF+
- White/Black: LF-
- Gray: RF+
- Gray/Black: RF-
- Green: LR+
- Green/Black: LR-
- Purple: RR+
- Purple/Black: RR-
The Kicker 47KEY200.4 replaces these items
- automatically adjusts 40-band EQ, 24 dB/octave crossover filters, time alignment
- calibration mic and selector switch included
- non-bridgeable, 4-ohms stable
31 questions already asked