About the Kicker 47KEY500.1
Now you can get fantastic, powerful bass without shelling out a lot of money for a huge amp or spending too much time tuning the system after installation. Kicker's KEY500.1 compact subwoofer amplifier features automatic signal processing that tailors the sound to blend in perfectly with your specific stereo system. And this compact power pack can send up to 500 watts RMS to your sub.
KEY Auto Setup tunes in minutes, not hours
After installation, you download both the Key sine sweep and a test tone from Kicker. You set the amp gain using the test tone and a KEY indicator light. The KEY Auto setup with the sine sweep analyzes your system's response and applies the equalization and bass boost necessary to produce great bass. Then later, with the KEY button, you can A/B the sound before and after processing to amaze your friends and family.
Start-Stop problem solved
Some eco-friendly cars actually turn off their engines when stopped, and then start up again when the brakes are released. The voltage dip during starting could shut down an amplifier or allow it to pass a dangerous clipped signal to the sub. The KEY500.1 prevents these issues by automatically engaging a limiter in these circumstances.
This amp's so tiny, it'll fit almost anywhere in almost any vehicle. Kicker's FIT2™ technology, using speaker-level inputs with DC offset sensing turn-on, ensures this amp will work in just about any vehicle, even one a factory amplified system. The Radio-Detect feature makes sure you never get a "No Speakers Detected" message on your receiver's display when you install this amp.
Kicker KEY500.1 control panel
- Featured in our article: Best mono amplifiers for 2022
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- Class D amp technology
- KEY Auto Setup customizes the signal for your stereo system
- test tones available from Kicker.com
- automatic adjustments include bass restoration and EQ
- variable low-pass filter (40-160 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (10-40 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- DC offset sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- Radio-Detect circuit supplies speaker load for receiver to sense
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-A fuse recommended
- dimensions: 8-3/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 3-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 47KEY5001
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- 12" Input harness (4-pin Molex to female RCA)
- Four 1" screws
- Two 12" wire-ties
- 3mm Allen key
- Quickstart guide
- Kicker Tech Support information
More details on the Kicker 47KEY500.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
150 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||500 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||10-160Hz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-160Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-6 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Kicker KEY500.1 mono amplifier features 1 x 150W power (@ 4Ω) in a compact chassis designed to be used with most factory or aftermarket radios. Built-in, AI-driven DSP processing lets you fine tune the system to your vehicle with a single button push, providing a more realistic soundstage.
Power: The KEY500.1 amplifier features Class-D amp topology, making it more compact and able to run cooler than other types of amplifiers. The KEY500.1 features a single output channel that can provide 500W @ 1Ω, 300W @ 2Ω, and 150W @ 4Ω.
KEY Auto Setup: The KEY500.1 features built-in, AI-driven, DSP that can dramatically improve the sound quality of your system. Prior to running the Auto-Setup, you will need to have the Gain Match Tones and Sweep Tones ready to play from your headunit, either CD, MP3, AUX, Bluetooth, USB, etc. For best results, uncompressed audio is recommended, ensuring full amplitude across the frequency spectrum. Gain Match and Sweep tones are available from Kicker and can be found here. The Gain Match setup process lets you properly match the Input Level (Gain) setting to get the fullest sound without distortion. After the Gain Match is set, the KEY algorithm can be run using the Sweep Tones. This process fine-tunes the audio using the KEY500.1's internal DSP. When the Auto-Setup is complete, you can use the KEY button on the amp to A/B the processed sound against the original audio.
- Gain Match and Sweep test-tones are NOT included and can be downloaded here.
- Factory noise-canceling and active noise enhancement must be disabled before running the Auto-Setup.
Power Management: The KEY500.1 amplifier is fully compatible with newer vehicles using start-stop systems. It also features FIT2 (Fail-Safe Integration Technology), making it compatible with nearly every factory and aftermarket radio.
Controls & Indicators: The KEY500.1 includes the following controls and indicators:
- KEY: This button is used to initiate both the Gain Match and Key Sweep Tones, as well as for A/B sound comparing.
- DC Offset: When set to On, the amp can detect a 3V DC offset on the speaker-level input wires, powering it on/off. When set for DC Offset, the REM input terminal now becomes a REM output for activating any additional amplifiers in the system.
- Hi Pass: A High-Pass filter dial lets you set the frequency of the built-in subsonic filter, with a range of 10-40Hz.
- Lo Pass: A Low-Pass filter dial lets you set the cutoff frequency, with a range of 40-160Hz.
- Bass Boost: Provides a 0-6dB boost at 40Hz.
- Input Level: Changes the input signal sensitivity range depending
on the input type.
- Low Level: 125mV - 5V
- High Level: 1V - 40V
- Gain: Adjusts the input signal level.
- Gain Match: This LED indicator is used in conjunction with the Gain Match and KEY Algorithm adjustments, providing feedback via the number of flashes.
- Remote Bass: A 3.5mm socket can be used with the optional CXARC wired remote (sold separately).
- PWR LED: Lights green when the amplifier is activated.
- PRT LED: Lights red if the amp goes into protect mode. Activation can be caused by a shorted speaker wire, low input voltage, or over heating.
- Input: A 4-pin Molex harness is used for the input signal with dual female RCAs for use with low-level input signals. If using speaker-level outputs from the radio, the RCAs get cut off and bare-wire connections are made.
- Output: Dual set-screw terminals provide the mono speaker output, accommodating up to 12 AWG wire.
- Power/Ground: Set-screw terminals can accommodate up to 8 AWG
wire (recommended) for both power and ground.
- Note: No fuse is included with the amplifier. A 60A fuse (sold separately) is recommended for the battery connection.
- REM: Set-screw terminal can accommodate an 18 AWG remote turn-on wire. When the amp is set for DC Offset, this terminal becomes a +12V remote output for activating additional amps.
6 questions already asked