About the Kicker CompR 48CWR104
Kicker designed their CompR subs for people who love to hear powerful low-frequency punch in their music. The CompR 48CWR104 10” subwoofer comes equipped with a tough polypropylene cone that stays rigid during intense play sessions so you hear accurate bass. A custom-designed back and top plate give the woofer plenty of room to travel, while the double-stitched Santoprene rubber surround helps to control cone movement during a heavy workout. This sub uses newly designed venting in its heavy steel basket to shrug off heat, so you can count on reliable performance.
Any way you want it
This Kicker CompR sub will handle up to 400 watts RMS so make sure you have an amplifier that'll do it justice. Its dual 4-ohm voice coils make it easy to get maximum power from a mono amplifier, or to wire it into a multi-sub setup. This versatile sub works well in sealed or ported enclosures.
- 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- injection-molded polypropylene cone
- double-stitched Santoprene rubber surround
- steel basket
- power handling: 400 watts RMS (200 watts per coil)
- peak power handling: 800 watts
- frequency response: 30-500 Hz
- sensitivity: 84.6 dB
- top-mount depth: 5.25"
- sealed box volume: 0.80 - 1.25 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 1.25 - 1.75 cu. ft.
- grille not included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 48CWR104
What's in the box:
Kicker CompR 48CWR104 owner's manual
- One 10" Dual 4-ohm voice coil subwoofer
- Kicker logo sticker
- 4 Adhesive backed screw covers
- Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Screw cover installation instructions
- Template on box
Kicker CompR 48CWR104 reviews
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Kicker CompR 48CWR104
Features & specs
|Impedance (Ohms)||2, 8|
|Surround Material||Santoprene Rubber|
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||N/A|
|Port diameter (inches)||N/A|
|Port length (inches)||N/A|
|Dual Voice Coil||Yes|
84.6 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||30 - 500 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||400|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||800|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||5 5/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||5 13/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||9|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Dual Voice Coils: This woofer features dual 4Ω voice coils, offering wiring flexibility. When the voice coils are wired in parallel, the woofer presents a 2Ω load. When the voice coils are wired in series, the woofer presents an 8Ω load.
Cooling: Kicker engineers developed a Forced Air Cooling system, using the motor structure to pull air across the voice coils, helping the sub run up to 25% cooler than the previous model.
Sealed Enclosures: Sealed enclosures provide the most control over a woofer and provide accurate sonic reproduction, making them suitable to all types of music. Kicker recommends sealed enclosures from 0.8 ft³ to 1.25 ft³.
Vented Enclosures: Vented (or ported) enclosures typically provide better overall efficiency than sealed so they are suitable for use with smaller amplifiers, giving you more bass output from a given amount of power. Kicker recommends the following ported enclosures:
- Minimum Enclosure Volume: 1.25 ft³ with a 10½" x 2" x 20" slot port
- Maximum Enclosure Volume: 1.75 ft³ with a 10½" x 2½" x 20" slot port
The Kicker CompR 48CWR104 replaces these items
- injection-moulded polypropylene cone with rubber surround
- power range: 150-400 watts RMS
- frequency response: 30-500 Hz
3 questions already asked
First Kicker sub Ive ever owned, very impressive. It was under a hundred bucks and it bumps.
Steve from La Mesa, CA