About the Kicker 49PTRTP12
Small footprint, big bass
Small footprint, big bass
Kicker's 49PTRTP12 powered subwoofer enclosure combines a 500-watt amplifier with a low-profile CompRT 12" subwoofer and a 12" passive radiator in a downward-firing box that brings Kicker bass power to the crowded spaces of today's cars and trucks. The passive radiator reacts to the air pressure produced by the active sub, adding extra low-end thump without the noise of a ported enclosure.
The CompRT sub's tough injection-moulded polypropylene cone is stiff enough to resist distortion when you're pushing the volume. Its rubber surround stands up to heavy use and combines with a specially-designed back plate to give you more excursion (which equals more bass) than other skinny subs.
Plenty of power
A 500-watt RMS amplifier drives the 49PTRTP12's sub, providing the power to bring out the best in your tunes. The amp's controls include a low-pass crossover, phase switch, and bass boost, so you can dial in the bass sound to your liking. High- and low-level inputs let you connect the enclosure to any system, while the included wired remote knob lets you adjust bass intensity from the driver's seat.
Made to order
The rugged sealed box was designed specifically for the subwoofer, so you can count on getting maximum performance whatever music you listen to. The box's downward-firing design helps protect the sub from damage and lets you place items on top of the cabinet to save space. Its sturdy medium-density fiberboard construction and rugged black carpet covering give the enclosure good looks to complement its performance.
- sealed downward-firing enclosure with one CompRT 12" subwoofer and passive radiator
- 500 watts RMS amplifier (1000 watts peak)
- 3/4" medium-density fiberboard construction covered with carpet
- remote bass-level control included
- separate low-level and speaker-level inputs
- variable low-pass crossover (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- phase switch (0°, 180°)
- variable bass boost
- frequency response: 25-120 Hz
- dimensions: 28.38"W x 6.38"H x 14.5"D
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 49PTRTP12
What's in the box:
- Down-firing powered enclosure loaded with one 12" CompRT subwoofer and one 12" passive radiator (two installed 25A ATO fuses)
- Spare 25A ATO fuse
- Power/ground Quick-Connect plug
- 12" RCA Input connector
- Remote level control
- 19.5' Remote level control cable (3.5mm TRS connector on both ends)
- 4 Mounting brackets
- Four 1" screws
- Eight 5/8" screws
- Two 3/8" screws
- Information sheet with QR code for owner's manual
Customer reviews for Kicker 49PTRTP12
More details on the Kicker 49PTRTP12
Features & specs
|Enclosure Type||Passive Radiator|
|Finish Material||MDF, carpet|
|Connector Type||Terminal block/set-screws|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||500 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||1000 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Woofer & Passive Radiator: The Kicker 49PTRTP12 down-firing, powered subwoofer enclosure is loaded with one 12" CompRT series 2-ohm subwoofer. The Kicker subwoofer features a polypropylene cone with a Santoprene surround. The surround and cone are attached using Kicker's signature red double stitching, providing an outstanding bond. Along with the subwoofer, the 49PTRTP12 features a 12" Kicker reFLEX passive radiator, providing deep low-end from a compact sealed enclosure.
Forced Air Cooling: Kicker uses their SoloKon technology to join the cone to the vented back brace, creating a single integrated unit. This forces air through the motor assembly allowing it to run 20% cooler and helping eliminate distortion.
Down-Firing Enclosure: The sealed down-firing enclosure is made of heavy-duty MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with extensive internal bracing, providing exceptional acoustic efficiency and deep powerful bass. The enclosure is covered in sleek black carpeting for added protection and a refined look. Its compact, down-firing form allows it to be mounted in cargo areas, or under seats.
Amplifier: The 49PTRTP12 features a 500 watt RMS mono amplifier that's perfectly matched to the 12" subwoofer driver. All connections and controls for the built-in amp are located on one end of the enclosure and include the following:
- Gain: A rotary dial varies the input level.
- Input Level: A push-button lets you select the input signal range; Hi, for signals ranging from 125mV-5V, and Lo, for signals ranging from 1V-40V.
- LPF: The built-in low-pass filter can be varied from 50Hz-120Hz.
- Bass EQ: A rotary dial can apply up to 6dB of boost at 40Hz.
- Phase Switch: Allows the subwoofer signal to be either in phase (0°) or out of phase (180°).
- Power LED
- Inputs: A 12" 4-wire Molex harness with RCA connectors is provided for running low-level or speaker-level signals into the amp. If using speaker-level inputs, the RCA connectors can be cut off for a bare-wire connection. Alternatively, an optional RCA-to-Speaker Wire adapter such as the Kicker 46KISL (sold separately) can be used to convert the RCA plugs to speaker wire.
- Remote Level Control Input: A 3.5mm socket is provided for plugging in the included Remote Level Control.
- Fuses: Two 25A ATO fuses installed in the chassis.
- Power/Ground/Remote: A removeable Quick-Connect plug is included for the Power, Ground, and Remote inputs, each with set-screw terminals. The Power and Ground connections can accept wire up to 4 AWG (8 AWG wire is recommended) and the Remote Turn-On input can accept wire up to 10 AWG.
Note: An 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit will be required for installation and is sold separately.
Auto Turn-on: The built-in amplifier has two methods of turning on: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can activate the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a DC offset is detected on the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
Remote Gain Control: The 49PTRTP12 includes a Remote Level Control for changing the subwoofer's level from the driver's seat. This low-profile control can be mounted under a dash within easy reach and includes a 19.5' cable terminated in 3.5mm TRS plugs.
Break-in Period: Due to the complex nature of Kicker CompRT speakers, they require a break-in period in order to produce optimum low-bass response. The suspension system is very stiff out-of-the-box. Approximately two weeks of daily playing will allow the suspension to break-in and reach its optimum equilibrium. Once broken-in, the subwoofer will exhibit stronger bass performance, smoother response, and greater low-bass extension.