About the Brandmotion FLTW-7625
Specially designed for your F-150
Brandmotion offers a unique solution for drivers who frequently use the fifth-wheel hitch of their Ford truck. This FLTW-7625 camera fits in the third brakelight location to provide a wide-angle view of the truck bed and cargo box. Brandmotion includes a cable that connects to the back of any aftermarket radio with a composite video (RCA) input. Once installed, you'll see a generous, well-lit picture on your radio's display, with excellent visibility for night driving.
Installing this camera yourself? Here's what you should know.
What does it do? Unless otherwise noted, a backup camera is only intended for use backing up your vehicle. (If you require a front-view or constant rear-view camera, check for that capability.)
What tools and supplies will I need? A panel tool, a wire cutter/stripper, a soldering iron, and a rosin-core solder with heat shrink tubing are recommended, along with whatever tools are needed to remove the radio from the dash.
How much wiring is required? Wiring instructions vary from camera to camera. Some cameras have power wiring that can only be connected near the radio. Others let you power the camera at compatible reverse lights. In all cases, the camera must be wired for power and ground, the camera's video output must be connected to the radio/monitor, and the radio/monitor must be connected to a reverse trigger in your vehicle. Some radio replacement interfaces supply a reverse trigger wire for the radio -- using that wire to power your camera will damage the interface.
Will the included video cable be long enough? You'll need to route the camera's video cable from its mounting location outside your vehicle into your vehicle's cabin and all the way to the screen in the dash. This often requires drilling a small hole in your vehicle or filing some metal and or plastic. You'll also need to estimate the length of cable needed to run from the camera to the dash, which will not be a straight shot. Each camera's cable length is listed.
- wide-angle rear view camera compatible with select F-150 and Super Duty trucks
- fits in third brake light location
- provides view of truck bed and cargo box
- RCA video connector compatible with most aftermarket radios
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FLTW-7625
What's in the box:
Brandmotion FLTW-7625 owner's manual
- 3rd brake light frame w/integrated cargo camera and a 68" video cable with proprietary male connector
- 18' Video/power extension cable (one end terminated in a proprietary female connector / the other end splitting to a female RCA plug and a female power/gnd plug)
- 20" Power/video harness (terminated in a male composite video plug and a male power plug on one end / male composite video plug and bare power/ground wires on other end)
- 1" Video barrel connector (male plug on both ends)
- Camera adjustment tool (u-shaped wire)
- Foam pad for frame w/adhesive backing
- Instruction sheet
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Brandmotion FLTW-7625
Overview: The Brandmotion FLTW-7625 is a third brake light frame with integrated cargo camera designed for 2015 - current Ford F-150s and 2017 Super Duty trucks. The cargo area camera provides excellent aid for drivers using fifth wheel hitches or to quickly view the vehicle's bed or cargo box.
Wiring: The camera frame gets mounted behind the third brake light assembly and includes a wiring harness that gets run to the front of the vehicle adapting to a second smaller harness that ties into power and ground and includes a male composite video plug to go to an aftermarket radio. Two pairs of bare-ended green and white wires are provided on the light assembly wiring for optional configuration. By default, the camera will display grid lines, but these can be removed by connecting the two green wires together. The default display setting is for a mirror image, but can be changed by connecting the two white wires together for a rear-facing image.
1 question already asked