About the Panamax SP8-AV
Guard your home theatre system against harmful spikes and power fluctuations with the Panamax SP8-AV. This surge suppressor also filters out the RF (radio frequency) and electromagnetic interference that can degrade your system's performance.
The SP8-AV comes with eight outlets, each conveniently spaced to allow for bulky transformers. A set of coaxial input/output jacks protects your cable, antenna, or digital satellite TV connections. There's also a protected telephone line input/output.
The surge suppressor reacts in less than a nanosecond during a spike, breaking the connection to keep your equipment safe. The 6-ft. power cord's right-angle plug hugs the wall, for an easy fit behind a chair or sofa.
- 8 protected AC power outlets
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry
- EMI/RFI noise filtering for clean power
- 1 set of coaxial RF input/output connectors for cable TV or antenna connections
- 1 set of phone line input/output jacks
- 6-ft. power cord with right-angle plug
- 1125-joule protection
- response time: less than 1 nanosecond
- 11-7/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 4-15/16"D
- warranty: lifetime on SP8-AV
- lifetime $50,000 connected equipment warranty (covers equipment damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to properly installed Panamax surge protector); valid only in the United States and Canada
- MFR # SP8-AV
What's in the box:
- Surge protector with attached 6' power cord
- Installation Instructions (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty sheet (English/Spanish/French)
Customer reviews for Panamax SP8-AV
More details on the Panamax SP8-AV
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||8|
|Total Current Capacity||15|
|Coaxial RF Jacks||Yes|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$50,000|
Overview: The Panamax SP8-AV Surge Protector features 8 AC outlets controlled by the unit's power switch. The SP-AV also provides protection for coaxial and telephone connections. In addition, this surge protector is equipped with 2 diagnostic LEDs.
Surge Protection: The Panamax SP8AV eliminates voltage irregularities and protects your AV system from catastrophic surges.
Lifetime $50,000 Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $50,000).
8 AC Outlets: The 8 AC outlets provide power protection with transformer spacing between outlets.
Power Cord: The surge protector features an attached 6 ft power cord with a right-angle, 45-degree offset three-prong plug.
- Bank 1: The four AC outlets along the top (numbered 1 to 4)
- Bank 2: The four AC outlets along the side (numbered 5 to 8)
- Ant/CATV: Coaxial line input and output (gold-plated, threaded, female F-Connectors)
- Telephone: One telephone line input and telephone output (RJ-11 connection)
- On/Off Switch: Turns all the outlets On and Off
- Power On/Protection OK: Green LED, indicates the surge protector is functioning properly and all equipment is protected
- Ground OK: Green LED, indicates the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded
AC Power Specifications:
- Initial Clamping Level: 200 Volts Peak, 141 Volts RMS
- UL 1449 Suppression Rating: 330 Volts
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800 W)
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 45 dB (100kHz to 1 MHz)
- Response Time: Less than 1 nanosecond
- Single Pulse Energy Dissipation: 1125 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 60,000 amperes
Telephone and Cable Satellite Circuit Specifications:
- Telephone Clamping Level: 260 Volts
- Capacitance: 30pf (approx)
- Suppression Modes: Metallic and Longitudinal
- Wires Protected: 2 wires (3, 4)
- Ant/CATV Clamping Level: 75 Volts
- Frequency Range: 0 MHz-2.2 GHz
- Insertion Loss: Less than 1 dB
7 questions already asked