About the Alpine MRP-M650
Outstanding audio performance you expect it when the amp is an Alpine. Alpine's V-Power amplifiers supply the high level of performance you want without shaking loose too much of your hard-earned cash.
The MRP-M650 mono amplifier will power your subwoofer with 400 watts of power. Add a second sub and the MRP-M650 pumps out 600 watts enough power for some seriously "good vibrations." The variable low-pass filter adjusts the frequency output to match your system, while the Bass EQ lets you dial in some extra boost on the lows. A subsonic filter eliminates inaudible, ultra-low bass notes for cleaner output.
The amp's machined-metal heatsink keeps the internal parts cool and distortion low even when you're cranking the volume. Gold-plated screw terminals and RCA connections resist corrosion that can degrade signal performance.
- mono subwoofer car amplifier
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- tuned Bass EQ (0-12 dB bass boost at 50 Hz)
- subsonic filter (24 dB at 15 Hz)
- MOSFET power supply
- CEA-2006 compliant
- STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference)
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- gold-plated screw terminals
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge amp wiring kit with 60-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 12-13/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MRP-M650
What's in the box:
Alpine MRP-M650 owner's manual
- Mono amplifier
- 8" Speaker-level input harness (with 8-pin Molex plug on one end and bare wire on the other end)
- 2 Terminal covers
- 4 Self-tapping hex-head screws (M4 x 20)
- 4 Machine screws for securing terminal covers (M3)
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Alpine MRP-M650 reviews
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Alpine MRP-M650
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
400 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||---|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||65 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 db|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 db|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Inputs and Outputs
Power Supply: The MRP-M650 amplifier's power supply uses MOSFETs to convert DC battery voltage to the higher DC voltages needed for high power. It supplies positive and negative voltages around 0V, rather than around 6V as with conventional single-polarity power supplies. The result is higher power levels and a dynamic range wider by as much as 10dB.
Low Pass Filter: The amp is equipped with a 50-200Hz variable low-pass filter with a slope of 24dB/octave.
Subsonic Filter: This amp utilizes a 15Hz subsonic filter to eliminate super low frequencies that can rob power and damage speakers. The subsonic filter operates at all times, and cannot be turned off.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a boost of 0-12dB at 50 Hz.
Inputs: The amplifier offers both line-level and speaker-level inputs for 2 channels. The supplied speaker-level input harness allows you to connect this amplifier to a receiver without preamp outputs, either aftermarket or factory.
Terminal Covers: The amp comes with two plastic covers that protect and insulates the RCA, power, and speaker connections. Four supplied machine screws attach the covers to the amplifier.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- GND (ground): Gold-plated terminal strip (0.34" wide)
- Battery: Gold-plated terminal strip (0.34" wide)
- Remote: Gold-plated terminal strip (0.34" wide)
- Speaker Output: Gold-plated terminal strips for 1 speaker
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Line Inputs: 1 pair of gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Level Input: Molex plug input for supplied 8-pin harness
Power Wiring: Because of the size of the terminals, only 8 gauge power and ground wire will fit. Only the Streetwires 8-gauge amp wiring kits contain the needed 60-amp fuse. If another amplifier wiring kit is chosen, the fuse should be upgraded to 60 amps.
I have one of these in my 2007 ford expedetion powering a 12" Alpine r sub and its pushes the sub great. The amp don't get hot even when im listening to it for 1 hour. I highly recommend this amp.
bigdaddy from sterling heights, michigan