About the Rockford Fosgate X317-STG6
Maximum sound for your Maverick
Maximum sound for your Maverick
This Rockford Fosgate Stage 6 audio upgrade kit is the absolute ultimate in audio systems for Can-Am Maverick X3 models. With a digital media receiver, two 6-1/2" front speakers, two 8" rear speakers, two thunderous 10" subwoofers, and a 5-channel amplifier, this Colour Optix™ enabled system really rocks. Each component is built for max performance and tough enough for trail duty, so you can crank it up without worrying about your stereo getting swamped.
Rockford Fosgate designed this Element Ready™ package to fit right into select Maverick X3 models, with no cutting and no modification needed. It also comes with all the parts and pieces needed for a smooth, hassle-free installation.
A feature-packed receiver
The PMX-3 digital media receiver isn't just a receiver; it's kind of like a command centre. This all-weather powerhouse gives you a remarkable array of entertainment options in a compact package. You can stream music with built-in Bluetooth® connectivity, check weather and news on the AM/FM/WB radio, or connect a music player or thumb drive to the USB input. You can also add a SiriusXM tuner and even connect a camera! Whatever you're playing, it's easy to see on the 2.7" TFT colour display
Four awesome speakers for serious sound
The system's four Colour Optix speakers bring a lot of power to the party. These RGB LED speakers are designed for off-road and marine use, with UV-treated polypropylene cones, bridge-mounted 1" tweeters, durable Thermo-Plastic Elastomer (TPE) surrounds, Aramid fibre spiders, and integrated crossovers.
The direct-fit front speaker enclosures included in this Stage 6 kit make it easy to install the M2-65B 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers. Made from a fibre-reinforced composite blend, they bolt right in using the factory mounting holes. No drilling needed!
Out back, the Stage 6 package gives you a pair of thunderous 8" M2WL-8HB RGB LED speakers in rugged enclosures that are definitely tough enough for the trail. The adjustable mounting clamps rotate for perfect positioning on your Maverick X3.
Control your colours
The Colour Optix™ speakers bring cool, colourful lighting to your off-road adventures. You can control the lights and chose your own colour patterns using the Colour Optix™ Controller (sold separately) along with the free RF Connect app.
Big bass and LED lights
This system comes with not one, but TWO loaded subwoofer enclosures that are designed to fit your Maverick X3. The enclosures fit under the front seats and allow complete up-and-down travel of seat adjustment. The suspended mounting design provides optimum clearance between the floorboard and the enclosure, so you'll get outstanding bass thump from each M2D2-10IB Element Ready™ subwoofer
A 5-channel amp with plenty of power
Systems like this one require serious juice, and the 5-channel M5-1500X5 amplifier has all you need for the speakers and sub. This amp will provide outstanding power and versatility, delivering 100 watts per channel to your full-range speakers and 600 watts to your two subs. Proprietary Class AD technology allows this compact amp to deliver big power with less current draw from your electrical system, while the Constant Power feature keeps power consistent with varying impedances. The package includes the mounting plates you'll need to install this tough, trail-ready amp.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- Element Ready UTV system includes digital media receiver, 6-1/2" front and 8" rear speakers, a 5-channel amp, and two 10" subwoofers
- also includes front and rear speaker pods, sub enclosures, a Color Optix controller, wiring, amp kit and mounting plate
Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 digital media receiver
- marine digital media receiver with camera input (does not play CDs)
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS CEA2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming (will not make calls)
- USB port and aux in
- works with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (sold separately)
- works with Apple and Android smartphones
Rockford Fosgate M2-65B 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers
- power handling up to 150 watts RMS (600 watts max)
- injection-molded mineral-filled parabolic polypropylene cone
- 1" bridge-mounted tweeter
- warranty: 2 years
Rockford Fosgate M2WL-8HB 8" roll bar speakers
- power handling: 300 watts RMS (1200 watts peak power)
- 360° rotational mounting capability for unlimited flexibility
- high-density sealed polyethylene enclosures with stainless steel grilles
- warranty: 2 years
Rockford Fosgate M1D2-10IB 10" marine subwoofer (pair)
- power handling: 400 watts RMS/1600 watts peak
- sensitivity: 90.3 dB
- selectable impedance: 1 or 4 ohms
- IP67 certification
- warranty: 2 years
Rockford Fosgate M5-1500X5 5-channel amp
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 600 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 400 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
- conformal-coated circuit board — suitable for power sports and marine applications
- top-mounted control panel with waterproof smoked lens
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # X317-STG6
What's in the box:
- This Rockford Fosgate package contains 11 individually boxed items:
- PMX-3 Digital Media Receiver:
- Marine digital media receiver
- Mounting plate
- Mounting bracket
- Wiring harness
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Hex-nuts
- Installation/Operation booklet
- M2-65B 6.5" Speakers:
- Two 2-way marine speakers
- 2 Centrex plastic grilles (Black)
- 2 Stainless steel grilles
- 2 Grille rings (Black)
- Two 11" LED power harnesses with 4-pin Deutsch connectors on one end
- Twelve 1-3/4" Stainless steel Allen head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- 3.5mm Drill bit
- Contact information
- M5-1500X5 Amplifier:
- 5-Channel powersports amplifier
- 11" Power/ground/turn-on & subwoofer output harness (installed on amp)
- 11" Input harness (installed on amp)
- Three 14" RCA-to-Molex input adapters
- Power/ground/turn-on adapter plug
- Subwoofer output adapter plug
- Two 7.5" speaker output harnesses
- 3mm Allen key
- Owner's manual
- Performance certificate
- Contact information
- M2WL-8HB Horn Waketower Speakers:
- Two M2 8" waketower speakers (black) w/stainless steel grilles
- 2 Plastic sport grilles (black)
- 2 Upper mounting brackets
- 2 Lower mounting brackets
- Four 2.5" - 3.0" rubber shims w/mounting hardware (four 2-5/8" bolts / 4 flat washers / 4 lock washers)
- Four 2.5" - 3.0" rubber shims w/mounting hardware (four 1-3/4" bolts / 4 flat washers / 4 lock washers)
- Two 12" 6-pin wire harnesses w/Deutsch connectors
- 2 Connection cover-plates
- 4 Plastic grommets
- 1/8" Hex bit
- T-45 Torx wrench
- Instruction manual
- Contact information card
- X317-M2FWE 10" Subwoofer (x2):
- Custom enclosure loaded with one M2D2-10B 10" subwoofer
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 9.5' 2-Wire harness
- Fourteen 8" wire ties
- Four 6.5" wire ties w/push-fasteners
- Six 12mm hex-socket screws
- Contact information
- PMX-RGB Light Controller:
- PMX-RGB LED Controller w/ attached 17" LED cables and 17" power/ground harness (inline 2A ATC fuse)
- 6" Power/ground harness adapter
- Two 3/4" machine-screws
- 2 Nuts
- 2 Lock-washers
- Installation manual
- X317-DK Dash Kit:
- Radio housing
- Trim ring
- Rear support plate
- 35" Speaker harness
- 6' Wire antenna (Motorola plug on one end / bare-ended wire on other end)
- Two 24mm screws
- Eight 1/2" screws
- Twelve 8" wire-ties
- Contact information card
- X317-FSE Speaker Enclosures:
- 2 Unloaded speaker enclosures
- 35" Left front speaker harness
- 52" Right front speaker harness
- Five 8" wire ties
- One 30mm bolt
- 1 Flat washer
- 1 Nut
- 2 Warning decals
- Contact information
- MX-RSW16 Rear Speaker Harnesses:
- Two 17.5' Rear speaker harnesses
- Six 6" wire-ties w/ push-fastener ends
- Sixteen 7.5" wire-ties
- Contact information card
- X317-K4 Amplifier Wiring Kit:
- 11' 4-AWG Wiring harness (inline 100A maxi-fuse) w/attached 4' RCA/speaker harness
- Mounting plate
- 2 Brackets
- Fourteen 8" Wire ties
- Four 6.5" wire ties w/push-fasteners
- Four 10mm screws
- 2 Hex nuts
- 1 Flange nut
- Installation instructions
Customer reviews for Rockford Fosgate X317-STG6
More details on the Rockford Fosgate X317-STG6
Vehicle Compatibility: The Rockford Fosgate X317-STG6 can be used with the following Can-Am Maverick vehicles:
|Can-Am||Maverick X3 900 HO||2018|
|Maverick X3 Turbo||2017-2021|
|Maverick X3 Turbo R||2017-2021|
|Maverick X3 DS Turbo||2018-2022|
|Maverick X3 DS Turbo R||2018-2021|
|Maverick X3 DS Turbo RR||2022|
|Maverick X3 X DS Turbo||2017-2020|
|Maverick X3 X DS Turbo RR||2020-2022|
|Maverick X3 RS Turbo R||2017-2021|
|Maverick X3 RS Turbo RR||2022|
|Maverick X3 X RS Turbo||2017-2020|
|Maverick X3 X RS Turbo R||2017-2019|
|Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR||2020 & 2022|
|Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR Smart-Shox||2021-2022|
|Maverick X3 X MR Turbo² ³||2018-2021|
|Maverick X3 X MR Turbo R² ³||2018-2019|
|Maverick X3 X MR Turbo RR²||2021-2022|
|Maverick X3 X RC Turbo³||2018-2021|
|Maverick X3 X RC Turbo RR¹||2022|
|Maverick X3 MAX Turbo||2017-2020|
|Maverick X3 MAX Turbo R||2017-2019|
|Maverick X3 MAX DS Turbo||2021-2022|
|Maverick X3 MAX DS Turbo R³||2020-2021|
|Maverick X3 MAX DS Turbo RR||2022|
|Maverick X3 MAX RS Turbo R³||2020-2021|
|Maverick X3 MAX RS Turbo RR||2022|
|Maverick X3 MAX X DS Turbo R³||2017-2019|
|Maverick X3 MAX X DS Turbo RR||2020-2022|
|Maverick X3 MAX X RS Turbo R³||2017-2019|
|Maverick X3 MAX X RS Turbo RR||2020-2021|
|Maverick X3 MAX X MR Turbo RR²||2020-2022|
¹Front speakers require removal and reinstallation of Intrusion Bar.
²Snorkel obstruction (if applicable) prevents rear speakers from being mounted inside the roll-cage. If mounting on the outside, use caution as the speakers can be damaged by trees and other trail obstacles.
³Smart-Lok (introduced in 2018) requires the 2nd generation (RFX317-FSE) or 3rd generation (X317-FSE) front speaker panels which are included with this audio system.
Marine Certified: Rockford Fosgate's PMX series of source units are fully tested against UV radiation degradation as well as tested to IPX water intrusion standards. They are also fully tested for ever changing environmental conditions such as temperature extremes, as well as vibration testing to make sure they can take a bump and keep performing. The PMX-3 is protected against Dust, UV, Temperature, Water, Corrosion & Vibration.
- Dust: The unit's display and motor structure are sealed up tight so they look as clear as possible and perform day in and day out no matter how many times you hit the trails.
- UV Inhibitor Materials: Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used for UV radiation resistance and components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
- Thermal Shock Tested: Tested for extreme temperature operation as well as severe fluctuations in ambient temperature. Components are taken to both low and high temperature extremes and then tested to ensure operational capabilities.
- Water Tested: IPX5 and IPX6 Ratings allow for the components to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion.
- Corrosion Protection: Two part epoxy coated PCB boards prevent corrosion of critical components due to exposure in moisture rich environments.
- Vibration: Subjected to full vibration and shock testing to ensure that it will take abuse and keep performing to our stringent standards.
Applications: The PMX-3 digital media receiver is designed for marine and motorsports systems.
Optically Bonded LCD: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 features a 2.7" TFT color LCD for optimum viewing, even in full sun, that is optically wet bonded to prevent any dust or moisture penetration. There are two brightness settings for the LCD screen.
Water Resistant Control Knob: The PMX-3 uses a water resistant rotary encoder knob, along with push-button controls that feature white LED illumination.
Voltage Gauge & Warning: You can check the voltage of your system through the PMX-3's menu. The unit also provides a Low Voltage Warning Alert.
EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory): The Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 features an EEPROM memory system which retains settings even when power is removed.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 offers built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0+EDR) for wireless music playback from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows phone, Blackberry, and more. You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth device to the PMX-3 marine receiver. You can control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track and Repeat/Shuffle for stored music and music apps on your device. When using a Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4 compatible device like the Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or an Android smartphone (OS 4.0+), you can even browse your stored music by category (Playlist/Artist/Song/Genre). The PMX-3 will also display your device's song/artist information with album art.
Optional Wired Remotes: The PMX-3 features a wired remote input which is compatible with Rockford Fosgate's PMX-1R & PMX-0R wired remote controllers (both sold separately). In most cases you will need one of Rockford Fosgate's extension cables (sold separately) to connect a wired remote controller. Up to 3 remotes can be added to one marine receiver using PMXYC Y-cable (sold separately).
Camera Input: The PMX-3 features a composite video input for adding a backup camera (sold separately), so you can see what's behind your vehicle on the PMX-3's LCD monitor. In addition, there is a Reverse Gear (purple/white) wire which connects to your vehicle's reverse lamp that will allow the marine receiver to automatically switch over to the display of the backup camera.
USB Port: The Rockford Fosgate features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, like a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive. The unit supports playback of MP3 and WMA music files (999 folders/999 songs) loaded onto a USB MSC device (up to 32GB). You are able to browse your music by folders, as well as control basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-3's USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. Simply use the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone device or a 3rd party Apple certified cable (sold separately). The PMX-3 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display (including album art), and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Music Control: The PMX-3 lets you navigate your Apple device's stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, or Audiobook. The head unit also offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. Newer Apple devices with iOS 6.0+ will remain unlocked while connected, so you can access music apps on your device. Older Apple device's clickwheels & touchscreens will lock when connected to the PMX-3.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, and Artist/Artist name. It will also display album art.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 7/23/2019):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Aux Input: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 is fitted with a rear-panel stereo RCA AUX input to connect an external audio source. You can give the Aux input a custom name.
AM/FM Tuner: The PMX-3 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations; these presets can be stored manually or automatically. You can set the tuner to Local or Distance tuning. The Local option tunes to nearby radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. In areas where reception is poor, switching to Distance tuning enables the unit to tune in to more distant stations. You can choose between US or European tuning.
Weather Band: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 is also equipped with a built-in weather band tuner. Select from weather band frequencies between 162.40 to 162.55.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App (either from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 using your USB-connected or Bluetooth-paired Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+), or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the PMX-3 via the appropriate the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone or via Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the marine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The PMX-3 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically.
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here.
- Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Category Search feature lets you search for channels within a certain genre or category
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Direct tuning of a SiriusXM station
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
MOSFET Amplifier: The PMX-3 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- Full Bandwidth Power: 25 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
4V/4Ch Preouts: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 is equipped with two pair of 4-volt preamp outputs (Front & Rear/Sub). You can configure the Rear/Sub pre-out for rear speakers with fading capability or as a non-fading sub output. You can turn off the unit's internal amplifier, you plan on using only external amps.
Equalizer: The PMX-3 is equipped with a variety of EQ presets, and 7-Band EQ, and Rockford Fosgate's Punch EQ.
- Presets: Select between seven EQ presets - FLAT, ROCK, CLASSIC, ACOUSTIC, DANCE, ELECTRONIC, or HIP-HOP.
- 7-Band EQ: Use the built-in 7-band EQ to custom tailor the sound of your music to your liking.
- Punch EQ: Punch EQ is an onboard equalizer with up to +18dB at 45Hz and/or up to +12dB boost at 12.5kHz.
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: The PMX-3 provides a high-pass crossover for the front & rear channels which can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range. The unit also provides a low-pass crossover for the subwoofer output that can be set to 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Full-Range.
Sub Control: When the sub out is activated, you can independently adjust its volume level from 0 to 40.
Source Gain: You can adjust the gain of each source so they all play at the same volume level. Select between -3dB, -2dB, -1dB, 0dB, +1dB, +2dB, or +3dB for each source.
Key Beep: A beep tone will sound with any press of a button on the receiver. This can be turned on or off.
Custom Mount: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 requires a round cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis (will fit in a standard 3" gauge opening). Four machine screws and mounting bracket fasten the unit against the mounting surface, and hold the waterproof gasket and metal plate against the bulkhead. The included trim-ring hides the mounting screws for a neat installation.
Note: The receiver does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard European or ISO-DIN automotive installation.
Dimensions: The receiver has the following dimensions:
- Diameter: 2.945"
- Depth: 4.25"
- Width: 4.305"
- Height: 3.935"
- Depth: 1.375"
- Trim Ring:
- Width: 4.445"
- Height: 4.045"
- Depth: 0.645"
Screw Hole Pattern: The faceplate has two mounting holes across the top of the face-plate, and two holes on the bottom of the faceplate for securing the unit to the bulkhead. The included trim-ring covers the screws holes for a neat installation. The screw hole spacing is as follows.
- Width (Top & Bottom): 3.995"
- Height (Between Top and Bottom Row): 3.515
- Screw Mounting Depth: 0.75"
Media Receiver Dash Kit: The Rockford Fosgate X317-DK dash kit is designed to facilitate the addition of the included Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 digital marine source unit into select 2017-2021 Maverick X3 model ATVs. The dash kit includes a main dash housing, an outer trim ring, speaker output wiring, and mounting hardware.
Marine Tested: Rockford Fosgate uses industry standard tests (ASTM B117 salt/fog and ASTM G154 UV) to ensure the M2-65B speakers are durable in the difficult marine environment.
Tweeters: The 1" balanced dome tweeters are made of LCP (liquid crystal polymer), a high strength/light weight material. The tweeters are bridge mounted, useful in a marine speaker because no opening through the middle of the woofer for the mounting post is needed.
Color Optix LEDs: There are red, green, and blue LEDs in the back of the tweeter casing, to create a glow on the woofer cone. The LEDs can be powered individually, or in any combination you like. Depending on what combination of LED wires is connected, they light red, green, blue, yellow, pink, aqua, or white. The LEDs can be controlled using the included Rockford Fosgate PMX-RGB LED controller. Two LED power wire harnesses are included with 4-pin waterproof Deutsch DT Series connectors that plug into the speaker frames.
Speaker Terminals: In addition to standard male quick slide terminals, each speaker also has 2-pin waterproof Deutsch terminals. Speaker wire harnesses with 2-pin waterproof Deutsch DT Series connectors are not included.
ICC Crossover: The ICC (Integrated Concealed Crossover) simplifies installation and protects the crossover by concealing it inside the basket, creating a cleaner look and easier installation. The crossover has a 6 dB/octave slope.
VAST Surround: The Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases a speaker's effective radiating cone area without increasing the size of the basket.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Stainless Steel: The mounting hardware is stainless steel to resist corrosion.
X317-FSE Speaker Enclosures: The X317-FSE enclosures feature an injection-molded design that offers seamless construction, and are texture and color matched to the vehicle's interior. The X317-FSE speaker brackets get mounted into the front driver and passenger side dash areas using the OEM mounting holes, with minimal drilling required for installation. Two included pre-loomed speaker wire harnesses are designed to plug directly into the included M5-1500X5 amplifier. The other end of the speaker wire is terminated in female slip-on terminals for attaching to the speakers.
Wakeboard Tower Speakers: The Rockford Fosgate M2WL-8HB Color Optix marine-grade waketower speakers each feature an 8" 2-way speaker mounted in a sealed enclosure that's designed for the marine environment. Both speaker and enclosure are treated with UV inhibitors and conform to UV and Salt-Fog industry standards. The waketower speakers feature Rockford's Color Optix RGB LED lighting that can illuminate the cone area as well as the rear logo (RGB controller sold separately).
Two-Way Design: The Rockford Fosgate M2WL-8HB wakeboard tower speakers come loaded with an M2 Series 2-way marine speaker. Both horn tweeter and woofer are treated for UV radiation and salt-fog resistance for maximum lifespan.
- 1" Horn Tweeter: The M2WL-8HB features a 1" high-efficiency horn tweeter that can project crisp, clear highs in a narrower, more focused pattern than a dome tweeter, letting skiers and wakeboarders enjoy the music while on the water. The 1" horn tweeter is coaxially mounted to the 8" woofer.
- 8" Woofer: The 8" woofer is made of a mineral filled, injection molded polypropylene material and features integrated UV inhibitors protecting it from sun exposure. This is attached to the UV stable injection molded frame assembly by a VAST vertically attached surround, designed to increase the cone's effective radiating area by up to 25%.
- ICC Crossover: The ICC (Integrated Concealed Crossover) protects the crossover by concealing it inside the basket. This Integrated 12dB/octave sealed crossover features a built-in protection circuit.
- Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Power: Each Rockford Fosgate marine speaker can handle up to 300W RMS (1200W peak).
Color Optix: The M2WL-8HB marine speakers feature Rockford Fosgate's Color Optix RGB LED lighting integrated into the enclosure, allowing the speaker cone and rear logo to be illuminated. Control of the RGB LED lighting is done using the included Rockford Fosgate PMX-RGB Color Optix controller in conjunction with the free RF Connect App on your smartphone or tablet. This lets you select from a wide range of colors along with adjusting brightness and scrolling speed.
Rugged Enclosure: The enclosure is constructed of high density ASA material and coated with a UV inhibitor to withstand the harsh marine environment.
IPX6: The marine speakers carry an IPX6 waterproof rating, making them impervious to water spray from all directions.
Mounting: The Rockford Fosgate M2WL-8HB speakers are designed to be mounted to wakeboard tower tubing ranging from 1.5" - 3.0" in diameter. Stainless steel mounting clamps are included that provide up to 360° of rotation for optimal speaker aiming, and include rubber shims for a secure fit. The illuminated rear logo features Rockford Fosgate's 3DIL technology, allowing it to be rotated up to 360° for proper orientation after mounting.
Grilles: Two sets of speaker grilles are included with the marine speakers - stainless steel (installed) and a pair of UV stable ASA plastic Sport grilles (white).
Wiring: Speaker and RGB connections to the M2WL-8HB speakers are made through the two provided 12" 6-pin wire harnesses with Deutsch marine-grade connectors. Two connection ports are available on the speaker enclosures; one hidden inside the mounting clamp area, for a clean "no-wire" look, the other on the outside of the enclosure. Protective covers are provided for both ports when not using.
MX-RSW16 Rear Speaker Wiring: The MX-RSW16 rear speaker wire kit allows the addition of the included M2WL-8HB rear waketower speakers. Each 17.5' wire harness features pre-installed connectors for a direct plug-and-play connection.
X317-M2FWE Subwoofer (x2): The Rockford Fosgate X317-M2FWE is Rockford's 3rd generation subwoofer enclosure designed for select Maverick X3 vehicles. Loaded with one M2D2-10B 10" subwoofer, the down-firing enclosure can be mounted under either the front driver or passenger seat without interfering with the seat's up-and-down travel. The suspended mounting design features the optimum clearance between the floor-board and the enclosure, providing excellent bass response. The X317-STG6 kit includes two X317-M2FWE under-seat subwoofers.
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate M5-1500X5 is a 5-channel powersports amplifier with a rated power output of 100 watts per channel at 4-ohms or 2-ohms for the four main channels, and 400 watts @4Ω/600 watts @2Ω for the subwoofer channel. This Element Ready amplifier can be used on motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, or boats, and can withstand harsh environmental conditions.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4Ω load with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare amplifiers and receivers under identical conditions. The CEA-2006-rated RMS power output is 100 watts RMS x 4 channels. Additionally the power output is 100 watts RMS x 4 channels into 2Ω and 200 watts RMS x 2 channels bridged (into 4Ω). The subwoofer output is rated for 400W x 1 @4Ω, 600W x 1 @2Ω, and 600W x 1 @1Ω.
Element Ready: Rockford Fosgate's Element Ready Amplifiers are protected against dust, UV rays, and corrosion. Marine-grade, two-part epoxy-coated circuit boards are used to prevent corrosion due to exposure in moist and humid places. In addition, stainless hardware is used to help prevent rust and corrosion of all electrical connections. The M5-1500X5 carries an IPX6 rating, making it impervious to water spray.
Amp Class: The M5-1500X5 features Rockford Fosgate's proprietary Class-AD technology for the front & rear speaker channels and Class-BD for the subwoofer channel. This allows the amplifier to produce more power with less current draw from the vehicle's charging system.
MEHSA 4 Cooling: The amplifier features Rockford Fosgate's MEHSA 4 (Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application) technology that reduces MOSFET temperatures, lowers distortion, increases durability, and prolongs the output circuitry's life span.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): High speed robotics are used in the manufacturing process to place 1% tolerance parts and large board traces. DSM improves the efficiency of the circuit, decreases cross-talk from other discrete components and lowers operating temperature.
CLEAN Set-Up: Rockford's integrated level setting technology, CLEAN (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise), replaces sophisticated test equipment with input/output clip LEDs, allowing you to match the source unit's output to the amp's gain, and optimize the amp's output. The input clip indicator works in conjunction with the audio source volume, illuminating red when the source reaches its clipping point. The output clip indicator works in conjunction with the input level dial on the amp, illuminating the appropriate color depending on the audio content used for the setup.
PRESET: The M5-1500X5 features Rockford Fosgate's PRESET setting (On/Off) that eliminates the need to set-up the amplifier when used with a compatible Rockford Fosgate ATV/UTV Stage 3 or Stage 4 audio kit (sold separately). When set to On, the PRESET circuitry automatically optimizes the front, rear, and subwoofer input levels, Punch EQ, and crossover settings. If manually setting these adjustments, the PRESET switch should be set to the Off position. Individual PRESET switches are provided for the front, rear, and subwoofer outputs.
Input Level: The amplifier has dual input level controls for the front and rear channels, conveniently accessible from the top. To accommodate the varying range of signal levels from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the input levels are adjustable from 150mV to 12V. A small flat-head screwdriver (not supplied) is needed to adjust the levels.
Crossover: The amplifier has three built-in crossovers for the front, rear, and subwoofer channels. All three crossovers are variable from 50Hz to 250Hz with a slope of 12dB/octave. The front and rear channels can be independently set to high-pass, all-pass (full range), or low-pass operation, while the subwoofer channel is set for low-pass operation. The rotary frequency settings can be adjusted with a small screwdriver.
Punch EQ: The amplifier has two Punch EQ functions (for front and rear) that change with the crossover switches. When the crossover is set to low-pass, the Punch EQ acts as a variable bass boost; 0 to +18dB at 45Hz. When the crossover is set to high-pass, the Punch EQ acts as a variable treble boost, 0 to +14dB at 12.5kHz. When the crossover is set to all-pass, both the bass and treble boost circuits are active. The subwoofer channel's Punch EQ acts as a variable bass boost only.
Power Connections: The M5-1500X5's power, ground, and remote turn-on terminals are located on a single 11" harness with matching adapter. The adapter accepts up to 4 AWG wire (recommended) and features set-screws for locking the wire in place. The power/ground harness is combined with the subwoofer output harness and attached to the amp in one large connector that's held in place with 2 hex-socket screws.
Speaker Connections: The amplifier is equipped with two 11" speaker output harnesses which are combined with the power/ground harness to one connector at the amplifier. Two 7.5" speaker harnesses plug into the output harnesses and provide bare-ended wire for connection to your speakers. Front and rear speaker outputs can be bridged to provide two 2 x 200W @4Ω outputs. The subwoofer output is a single channel and cannot be bridged.
Signal Input: The amplifier's Differential Inputs will accept either a line-level or speaker-level input on the Molex-style connectors. A single amp connector, secured with hex-socket screws to the amp, features three 4-pin Molex connectors on the other end for connecting the included input adapter harnesses. Each input adapter harness has a 4-pin Molex plug on one end and dual RCAs on the other end. Front and rear line-level signals can simply be connected via RCA cables from the source unit to each input harness. For a speaker-level signal, you can cut the RCA connectors from the input harnesses and splice the wires to the speaker wires of the source unit. When using a speaker-level input signal, the auto turn-on feature is active and the remote turn-on terminal becomes a 12 volt output, which can be used to turn on/off an additional amplifier or other component.
X317-K4 Amplifier Wiring Kit: The X317-K4 amplifier wiring kit allows you to add a Rockford Fosgate M5-1500X5 5-channel amplifier to select Rockford Fosgate Can-Am audio systems. The included amp mounting bracket bolts directly to the ATV's factory mounting holes (no drilling or cutting required), and all wiring is designed for plug-and-play installation.
LED Controller: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-RGB Color Optix controller lets you illuminate and control the lighting on the included M2-65B and M2WL-65MB front and rear speakers. Featuring a completely encased housing, rubberized wiring, and Element Ready watertight connectors, the PMX-RGB is IPX7 waterproof certified, making it impervious to even the harshest marine environments.
App Control: The PMX-RGB can be controlled from your smartphone using Rockford Fosgate's proprietary RF CONNECT App, available from the Apple App and Google Play stores. After connecting your smartphone wirelessly to the PMX-RGB controller, you'll be able to choose from 30 different color scrolling options or choose a fixed color from the color wheel. Scrolling speed and brightness controls are also available for customizing the lighting.
Plug&Play: The Rockford Fosgate PMX-RGB controller features easy configuration and connection via proprietary Element Ready connectors that provide a secure, watertight seal. It features 8 individual 17" RGB output cables for lighting up to 8 Rockford Fosgate Color Optix marine speakers (maximum 2A total current draw). Each connected speaker requires an extension cable and Y-adapters are optional to add routing flexibility to your installation.
Powering: The PMX-RGB controller includes a 17" power and ground harness with inline 2A fuse, and has an operating voltage range of 9-24VDC.
- RGB Control Outputs: 8
- Maximum Amp Draw (Total): 2A
- Operating Voltage: 9-24VDC
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Control Module Dimensions: W = 2.411", H = 0.913", D = 5.050"
- Overall Length: 38.5"