About the Sonos In-ceiling Speakers
Architectural in-ceiling speakers for Sonos
Architectural in-ceiling speakers for Sonos
Want your Sonos system to be heard but not seen? This pair of architectural speakers connects to the Sonos Amp and hides away in your ceiling, so they blend into your decor. Mix and match this pair with Sonos' in-wall and outdoor versions to create multiple zones throughout your home.
Trueplay™ speaker tuning for optimal sound
When paired with the Sonos Amp, these speakers work with Sonos' Trueplay room correction feature. If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod® touch, you can use that same Apple device to fine-tune your system's sound. It plays tones through the connected speakers, and uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings. It then adjusts the Sonos amp's settings automatically for the best possible sound. (Currently for iOS® devices only.)
- designed for use with the Sonos Amp
- each speaker features a pivoting 6-1/2" woofer and 1" tweeter
- frequency response: 44-20,000 Hz
- 8-ohm nominal impedance
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- maximum power handling: 130 watts
- compatible with Sonos Trueplay™ room correction
- paintable grilles included
Dimensions and Warranty:
- overall: 9-3/16" diameter x 4-13/16" depth
- cutout diameter: 8-1/4"
- mounting depth: 4-3/4"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # INCLGWW1
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Cutout Templates
More details on the Sonos In-ceiling Speakers
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||up to 130|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Sonos Architectural by Sonance: The all-new Sonos Architectural by Sonance is a collection of in-ceiling, in-wall, and outdoor passive speakers (all sold separately) designed and optimized for the Sonos Amp (sold separately) in partnership with Sonance. With a shared commitment to superior sound and great design, Sonos and Sonance partnered with the objective of producing loudspeakers that disappear into any space while providing clear sound, even coverage, high-quality performance, and ease of use.
Two-Way In-Ceiling Speaker: The Sonos In-Ceiling by Sonance speaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" fabric soft-dome tweeter and a 6.5" polypropylene cone woofer with rubber surround. The tweeter features an integrated wave-guide and is aimable to help with high-frequency dispersion. The woofer provides dynamic, rich mid and low frequencies. These in-ceiling speakers can be utilized in a two-channel stereo configuration, distributed audio application, or surround sound setup.
Note: These are wired passive in-ceiling loudspeakers and will require a separate amplifier and connection of speaker wire (they are not wireless or self-powered).
Optimized For The Sonos Amp: Sonos and Sonance have designed these in-ceiling speakers from the ground up, making them specifically optimized for the Sonos Amp (sold separately). When the in-ceiling speakers are connected to the Sonos Amp (sold separately), the Amp will automatically detect them, and automatically adjust its sound to suit the specific loudspeakers. Up to three pair of Sonos Architectural by Sonance speakers can be powered by a single Sonos Amp.
- Sonos Streaming Services & Multiroom Audio: A connection to the Amp brings the benefits of the Sonos system to every connected Sonos Architectural by Sonance speaker, including an easy-to-use Sonos S2 Controller App that works with all of your favorite streaming services (Apple Music, Amazon Music, TIDAL, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Google Play Music, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and more ); AirPlay 2 control, regular software updates, and the ability to add additional Sonos speakers and components to expand your setup over time for an expansive multiroom audio experience.
- Trueplay Tuning (for Apple iOS Only): By connecting the in-ceiling speakers to the Sonos Amp, you'll unlock Trueplay Tuning (for Apple iOS), which accounts for the size, construction, and layout of the room where the speakers are installed and adjusts for the best possible sound. The layout of a room, and where speakers are installed, can have a significant impact on the sound that you hear. Trueplay, an auto-tune app within the Sonos App, uses the microphone in your Apple iOS 11.0+ device to measure how sound reflects off walls, furnishings and other surfaces in a room, and then fine tunes the in-ceiling speakers to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it.
Note: The Sonos Architectural speakers will work with most amplifiers. However, you will not be able to take advantage of the Trueplay room tuning capabilities with any amplifier other than the Sonos Amp.
Spring-Post Terminals: The Sonos In-Ceiling by Sonance speakers feature a set of gold-plated spring-post terminals to connect your in-ceiling rated speaker wire. The spring-post terminals will accommodate 16-12 gauge speaker wire, single or dual banana plugs, and pin-connectors. The gold-plated terminals provide excellent audio signal transfer and resist corrosion. The in-ceiling speakers are 8-ohm compatible.
Mounting Options: The Sonos In-Ceiling by Sonance speakers require a round cutout of 8.25" (diameter) x 4.75" (depth) in the ceiling. Four integrated screw-down dog-ear clamps secure each loudspeaker against the ceiling. There should be at least 1.0" around the edge of the opening above the ceiling to accommodate the dog-ear clamps. The outer frame and grille of the in-ceiling speaker measure 9.3125" (diameter) x 0.1875" (depth).
- If you are using the in-ceiling speakers to replicate sound from your TV, the speakers should be installed a few inches away from the right and left edges of the television with the tweeter of the speaker installed as close to ear level (from the seating position) as possible.
- If you are using the in-ceiling speakers as distributed audio speakers and not flanking a television, Sonos and Sonance recommends placing them in a location that will provide the best coverage for the room.
- If you are using the in-ceiling loudspeakers as surround speakers, the speakers should be installed directly to the left and right side or behind the main listening position with the tweeter as close to ear level (from the seating position) as possible.
Note: The in-ceiling speakers are not rated for outdoor use and should only be installed indoors.
Paintable Grilles: The Sonos In-Ceiling by Sonance speakers feature specially designed, circular grilles which can be painted to match the ceiling. These slim profile grilles on sit 0.1875" from the ceiling.
12 questions already asked