About the Marantz CD6007
Clear, dynamic CD sound
Marantz has been making top-notch CD players for decades now. The CD6007 follows in the footsteps of its acclaimed predecessors, offering warm, detailed sound. The company's proprietary analog audio circuitry provides faster signal transfer and better transient response. A high-performance 24-bit/192kHz AK4490 digital-to-analog converter with a selectable digital filter lets you tailor its performance to your listening preference.
- plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs plus WMA, MP3 and AAC CDs
- high-performance 24-bit/192kHz AK4490 digital-to-analog converter
- selectable digital filter lets you tailor the DAC's performance to your listening preference
- front-panel USB input (Type A) for USB flash drives
- supports FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC and DSD file playback
- double-layered metal bottom plate for vibration resistance
- Marantz HDAM® (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) SA2 used in analog circuitry for faster signal transfer and better transient response
- robust, high-speed power supply for rich, dynamic sound
- frequency response: 2-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- total harmonic distortion: 0.002%
- remote control included
- detachable power cable
- optical and coaxial digital outputs
- gold-plated stereo analog RCA output
- built-in headphone amplifier with full-size (1/4") front-panel headphone jack and volume control
- IR flasher input
- remote control input/output (for use with compatible Marantz receivers and amps)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-5/16"W x 4-1/8"H x 13-7/16"D
- weight: 14.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CD6007/U1B
What's in the box:
- CD player
- 6' AC power cord
- Wireless remote (RC004PMCD)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 3' Stereo RCA cable
- 2' Mono-RCA cable
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
More details on the Marantz CD6007
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||No|
|Direct Track Access||Yes|
|Direct Disc Access||N/A|
|Network Music Streaming||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Stereo SACD Playback||N|
|CD Frequency Response||2-20k Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||110 dB|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Compatible|
|SACD Dynamic Range||Not Given|
|SACD THD||Not Given|
|Digital Optical Input||No|
|Digital Coaxial Input||No|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|USB Type-B Input||No|
|Analog RCA Output||Yes|
|Analog XLR Output||No|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
Marantz HDAM Technology: Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards to replace standard ICs. These HDAMs consist of discrete surface mount components with short mirror image L/R signal paths. These devices do exactly the same thing as the Op-Amps but outperform the regular IC Op-amps dramatically in terms of the Slew Rate and reduced noise level, resulting in more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. In the CD6007, the proprietary HDAM-SA2 circuit improves on its previous HDAM module for a more stable power supply. The idling current stability is less influenced by power transistor temperatures to maintain sound performance even at high level output.
Reference Quality DAC with Selectable Filters: The Marantz CD6007 features a new Hi-Res D/A conversion. It is equipped with a reference class D/A converter, offering two selectable filter options, and provides up to 24-bit/192kHz and DSD 5.6MHz resolution for optimum musical fidelity with tight bass, pleasant mids and smooth extended highs for CD playback and Hi-Res formats from a USB thumbdrive. The CD6007 introduces a new selectable digital filter option. This two-mode filter (Filter1/Filter2) allows optimized reproduction of digital music content using the reference class D/A converter to your taste. Filter 1 is a slow roll-off preset that improves deep stereo imaging while Filter 2 is a sharp roll-off filter for more precise imaging reproduction.
High Current Power Supply: The audio power supply employs high speed, high current Shottky Barrier Diodes and new higher value current storage capacitors compared to the previous model. The size of the power supply capacitors has been increased by 120% for improved current stability and reduced AC noise during high demanding listening sessions.
Disc Compatibility: The Marantz CD6007 can play CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs (both 12cm and 8cm discs). The CD6007 supports MP3 and WMA audio files (up to 320kbps/48kHz) that have been recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs in ISO9660 mode 1/2 or Juliet/Romeo disc format. The Marantz CD player will recognize up to 256 folders folders and 512 total files. The unit will also display MP3-ID3 and WMA-text for song/artist/album information (no album art).
Note: The Marantz CD6007 does not support SACD, DVD-Audio, or CD-Text.
USB-A Port: The Marantz CD6007 is outfitted with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The CD6007 can playback compressed MP3/WMA/AAC music files (up to 320kbps/48kHz); Apple Lossless ALAC music files (up to 24-bit/96kHz); Hi-Res WAV/FLAC/AIFF music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz);and DSD music files (up to 1-bit/5.6MHz) from a compatible USB device. The unit can recognize up to 255 folders and 65,025 total files.
Note: The USB-A port does not support Apple iOS or Android devices, Windows PC or Mac computers, and USB hubs or card-readers.
Analog & Digital Outputs: The Marantz CD6007 is outfitted with both analog & digital audio outputs. There is an analog stereo RCA output, one optical (toslink) digital output, and one coaxial (SPDIF) digital output.
Headphone Amplifier: Compared to the previous model, the CD6007 offers an improved and redesigned headphone amplifier section. The CD6007 inherits the exclusive Marantz HDAM-SA2 circuit with three gain settings (Low/Mid/High) for a perfect match with almost any brand of headphones for an optimal solo listening experience. However, if you prefer, the headphone amp is also equipped with an “Off Circuit” function that automatically turns off the headphone amplifier when a headphone is not connected to the unit to avoid any unwanted interference or noise.
Two-Line Florescent Display: For optimum visual clarity, the CD6007 features a deluxe two-line fluorescent display that features alphanumeric characters (up to 16) for song/artist/album information (no album art or CD-Text). The display is dimmable.
Remote Control: The supplied IR remote control features an easy to use ergonomic design and can control the CD6007, as well as control the matching PM6007 integrated stereo amplifier (sold separately). The remote can also be used to control your connected USB MSC device (thumbdrive). The CD player also includes a Remote Input/Output and Flasher Input.
- Remote Input/Output: Two RCA jacks (1 In/1 Out) are provided for connecting the player and another Marantz AV component for system remote control purposes. The accompanying switch allows you to select the remote control mode you desire: External (when the player is connected to another component's remote control jacks) or Internal (when the player is used as a standalone component).
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm minijack input is used to control this unit using an optional keypad (sold separately) from another room of your house.
Playback Functions: The Marantz CD player offers playback functions such as Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Random/Repeat, Direct Search (0-9), and Program Play (25 tracks)Auto Standby: With Auto Standby On, you can automatically set this unit to standby mode after the CD player is in stop-mode (no operation) continuously for approximately 30 minutes.
The Marantz CD6007 replaces these items
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP3, WMA & AAC CDs
- front-panel USB port for iPod®/iPhone® playback and charging
- built-in headphone amplifier with full-size headphone jack and volume control
10 questions already asked