About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-500SA II
Immersive overhead sound from Klipsch
Immersive overhead sound from Klipsch
Most folks I've talked to love the spacious, cinematic sound that a Dolby Atmos® system with overhead speakers provides. But not everyone has the time, tools, or ability to install in-ceiling speakers. That's where Klipsch's new RP-500SA II Atmos "topper" speakers come in handy.
These speakers sit neatly on top of matching Klipsch Reference Premiere II tower speakers. Their angled drivers fire sound upward and reflect it off your ceiling and down onto your listening position. They deliver overhead sound effects like jets, thunder, and more with incredible precision for lifelike, three-dimensional home theatre sound.
Updated drivers for better sound
The 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter, newly redesigned for Klipsch's Reference Premiere II Series, features a vented housing to reduce standing waves that can compromise sound quality. The hallmark Tractrix® horn it's housed in has a widened mouth for better soundstaging and directivity. That means a wider "sweet spot" overall and better imaging within that sweet spot. The horn also sports a soft silicone face and a unique phase plug to keep the highs smooth and non-fatiguing.
Metallic drivers aren't anything new for Klipsch speakers, but the company has made significant improvements to the motor structures behind the 500SA II's cone. Each speaker's 5-1/4" woofer uses a 70% larger voice coil for greater control, speed, and accuracy. The woofers also have new aluminum shorting rings that help reduce distortion and let the drivers handle some extra power.
The cool thing about the 500SA IIs is that they can work as either Atmos speakers or as side-or-rear surround speakers. There's a handy crossover switch on each speaker that lets you tell them which role they're playing. If you're considering using these as surrounds, each 500SA II has a keyhole slot on the back for easy wall-mounting.
Do you have an Atmos-capable receiver?
These speakers require a home theatre receiver with Dolby Atmos when placing them on top of your other speakers for overhead effects.
- pair of Dolby Atmos add-on speakers for home theater
- each fits perfectly on top of a Klipsch RP-5000F II, RP-6000F II, or RP-8000F II floor-standing speaker
- connect to a Dolby Atmos-compatible home theater receiver's height channels
- can also be used as standard left- or right-channel surround speakers when mounted to the wall
- onboard crossover control switches between "Atmos" and "Surround" modes
- 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- 5-1/4" Cerametallic™ cone woofer
- frequency response and sensitivity specs conform to Dolby Atmos specifications
- power handling: up to 75 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet design
- keyhole slot for easy wall-mounting
- furniture-grade walnut vinyl with scratch-resistant design and satin-painted baffles
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 6-7/8"W x 8-9/16"H x 12-11/16"D
- weight: 8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # 1070045
What's in the box:
- 2 Dolby Atmos-enabled surround loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- Four 8.5" lengths of speaker cable (terminated by banana connectors)
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Customer reviews for Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-500SA II
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-500SA II
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Power Range||up to 75|
|Frequency Response||Not given Hz|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Bracket Included||Fixed keyhole mount|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Dolby Atmos Elevation Speaker: Enhance your home theater system with the overhead sound effects of the Klipsch RP-500SA II Dolby Atmos speaker. By leveraging Klipsch proprietary horn-loaded controlled directivity technology, the RP-500SA II bounces sound off the ceiling to create an astonishing, immersive listening experience.
Application & Mounting Options: In addition to delivering overhead sound effects as a Dolby Atmos speaker topper for Klipsch and other brands of floorstanding and bookshelf loudspeakers; the RP-500SA II is designed to be wall-mounted as a front, rear or side elevation speaker; or as a versatile side or rear surround sound speaker. There is a threaded keyhole slot on the back, as well as four integrated rubber feet on the bottom of the speaker.
- Dolby Atmos "Topper Application: The RP-500SA fits perfectly on top of the Klipsch RP-5000F II, RP-6000F II, and RP-8000F II floorstanding loudspeakers. Keep in mind the RP-500SA II's dimensions when using it as a Dolby Atmos topper for other models and brands of speakers, as it must be able to rest on top of your floorstanding or bookshelf loudspeaker. The RP-500SA measures 6.875" (w) x 8.5625" (h) x 12.6875" (d)
- Wall-Mount Application: The RP-500SA mounts easily on the wall using its integrated keyhole slot (mounting screws not included). When wall mounted, the RP-500SA II measures 6.875" (w) x 12.6875" (h) x 8.5625" (d).
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch RP-500SA II loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn technology exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion. Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-500SA II speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
- Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter: The titanium tweeter diaphragm's lightweight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters. A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction. Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound.
- Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology: The new larger 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn ensures a better transmission of highs and mids for a wider listening soundstage. The newly designed Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound. Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
5.25" Cerametallic Woofer: The RP-500SA II loudspeaker utilizes a 5.25" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofer that has been redesigned for exceptional power handling, minimum distortion, and maximum efficiency. Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency. The redesigned Cerametallic cone woofer features a 70% larger voice coill for increased power handling, new aluminum shorting rings for lower distortion, and an improved motor structure for better cone control with more speed and accuracy.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch RP-500SA II's speaker enclosure uses furniture-grade materials and finishes. The speaker enclosure is constructed of MDF with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction utilizes internal bracing and a divided cabinet design to reduce cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy. The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch RP-500SA II loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent. This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference Premiere II series speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
Reference Premiere II Series: The Klipsch Reference Premiere II series utilizes a larger hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, redesigned Cerametallic woofer cone, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that is impactful and immersive. The Reference Premiere II series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding (RP-5000F II / RP-6000F II / RP-8000F II / RP-8060FA II), bookshelf (RP-500M II / RP-600M II), center (RP-404C / RP-500C II / RP-504C), surround (RP-502S II), and Atmos speakers (RP-500SA II) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere II series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).
2 questions already asked