About the Klipsch Reference R-50C
Anchor your Klipsch Reference home theatre system
Anchor your Klipsch Reference home theatre system
I like to think of the centre channel speaker as the anchor point of any home theatre speaker system. Without it, movie soundtracks can sound thin and lack immersion. Plus, it's crucial for the dramatic dialogue that carries your films forward. Klipsch's new R-50C is an affordable centre channel speaker built to deliver impactful on-screen sound effects and keep voices loud and clear.
Each of the R-50C's 5-1/4" woofers uses spun-copper TCP (thermoformed crystalline polymer) for its cone material. Klipsch chose this material because of its smooth response and transparency. The woofer also uses some trickle-down technology from the company's more expensive Reference Premiere line. It has a similar cone shape and uses additional ribbing for extra rigidity, which reduces distortion at higher frequencies.
The hallmark 90°x 90° Tractrix® horn features an upgrade too. Klipsch widened its opening for more high-frequency directivity. That means the 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter inside the horn has a wider "sweet spot" and delivers more detail inside that sweet spot.
- 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- two 5-1/4" spun-copper TCP (thermoformed crystalline polymer) woofers
- frequency response: 90-21,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- sealed (acoustic suspension) enclosure allows for placement near a wall or inside an A/V cabinet
- magnetic grille protects drivers and looks stylish
- scratch-resistant textured wood grain vinyl finish
- single gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 18-13/16"W x 7-1/16"H x 8-5/16"D
- weight: 14 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # 1069857
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Customer reviews for Klipsch Reference R-50C
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-50C
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Power Range||up to 100|
|Frequency Response||90-21k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-50C center-channel loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" LTS aluminum tweeter, for impressive high-frequency response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- 90°x90° Tractrix Horn: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern and features an increased outer horn dimension that allows for directivity control over a larger bandwidth of frequencies, resulting in improved high frequency directivity and a more accurate soundstage. Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music.
- LTS Aluminum Tweeter: Behind each horn lies a 1" LTS aluminum tweeter with a Kapton suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. Aluminum is an extremely light and rigid material used in the tweeter assembly to provide high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
5.25" Spun-Copper TCP Woofers: The Klipsch R-50C houses two 5.25" Spun-Copper TCP (Thermoformed Crystalline Polymer) woofers for deep, smooth, and accurate bass. TCP woofers have steeper angling of the cones for a smoother response and improved accuracy and transparency. The additional ribbing increases the overall rigidity for less cone breakup at higher frequencies.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-50C center-channel speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy. The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-50C center-channel loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent. This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference III series center-channel speaker is outfitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 12AWG).
Placement & Mounting Options: The center channel speaker is designed to place dialog and primary sounds so that they appear to come from the TV or projector screen. The speaker should therefore be centered and placed as close to the screen as possible, preferably directly on top of or below the screen. The R-50C comes with an integrated cork pad on the bottom of the speaker enclosure to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface.
Note: There is no included bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker.
Reference III Series: Klipsch's new Reference III series features updated Tractrix Horn technology, a new Spun-Copper TCP (Thermoformed Crystal Polymer) woofer design, and Tractrix geometry port technology to create a wide soundstage that is smooth, controlled and accurate. The Reference III series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding (R-800F / R-600F / R-605FA), bookshelf (R-50M / R-40M), center (R-50C / R-30C), and Atmos speakers (R-40SA) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference III series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).
The Klipsch Reference R-50C replaces these items
- two 5-1/4" woofers and a horn-loaded 1" aluminum diaphragm tweeter
- horn-loaded tweeter delivers "front row" sound
- frequency response: 89-21,000 Hz