About the Sound Ordnance™ P-65CB
The Sound Ordnance line has proven to be a Crutchfield customer favourite and reliable choice in the battle for great sound. With the Sound Ordnance P-65CB component system in your car, you're armed and ready for serious knob-cranking when the mood strikes you. The 6-1/2" polypropylene woofers make powerful replacements for low-functioning factory speakers, giving your music plenty of punch for the long haul. Mount the separate silk dome tweeters in ideal spots to lift you out of the fray with smooth, natural-sounding highs.
Sound Ordnance includes external crossovers systems to direct the right frequencies to the right speakers for a more accurate sound blitz. Bundle all of that with rugged design touches and a solid steel speaker basket, and everyone will know that you don't mess around when it comes to car audio.
Rock with confidence
As always, Sound Ordnance's impressive 3-year warranty gives you plenty of time to get comfortable with this kind of firepower in your vehicle.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
- component speaker system includes two 6-1/2" woofers, 2 tweeters, 2 external crossovers, 2 woofer grilles
- polypropylene woofer with rubber surround
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- black steel basket
- power range: 2-55 watts RMS (110 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-1/8"
- grilles included
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # P-65CB
What's in the box:
- Two Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has a 28" Length of wire attached)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Plastic grille rings
- 2 Foam woofer gaskets
- 2 Flush-mount tweeter housings
- 2 Surface-mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flat surface-mount bases
- 2 Angled surface-mount bases
- 6 Adhesive surface mount pads
- Two 18" Lengths of speaker wire for the woofers (each with female quick slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Two 18" Lengths of speaker wire (bare wire on both ends)
- Eight 1-1/8" Self-tapping screws
- Four 3/4" Flat head self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" Flat head self-tapping screws
- 12 Large speed clips
- 4 Small speed clips
- Grille putty
- Owner's manual
- Warranty information
- Woofer template on box
Customer reviews for Sound Ordnance™ P-65CB
More details on the Sound Ordnance™ P-65CB
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||88|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||50 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||55|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||110|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/4|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.207|
Woofers: The woofers use a durable vacuum formed polypropylene cone with a rubber surround. They are designed to fit standard standard 3-hole 6-1/2" applications and Ford's 4-hole 6-1/2" pattern; please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Tweeters: The 3/4" Silk dome tweeters output smooth, accurate highs.
Tweeter Mounting Options: Using the supplied housings the tweeters can be flush mounted, surface mounted flat, or surface mounted at an angle. Once mounted in the appropriate housing, the tweeters have these dimensions:
|Flush Mount||Surface Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.85"||mounting screw depth||mounting screw depth|
Crossover Network: The 2-way crossovers have a 3.5 kHz high-pass filter for the tweeters and a 3.5 kHz low-pass filter for the woofers.
Connections: The passive crossovers feature screw terminal inputs and outputs; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.3" wide.
Tweeter Level: A switch on each crossover allows you to adjust the output level of the tweeter; choose 0 dB or -3 dB.
Mounting: Each crossover can be mounted using two of the included screws through two holes in the base.
- Length: 4.75"
- Width: 3.25"
- Height: 1.35"
The Sound Ordnance™ P-65CB replaces these items
- mica-injected polypropylene cone woofer
- 1/2" Mylar balanced dome tweeter
- 2-40 watts RMS power range
- polypropylene woofer
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- 2-55 watts RMS power range
14 questions already asked