About the Bluesound PULSE SUB+
Bass wherever you need it
Bass wherever you need it
Bluesound's wireless audio ecosystem just got better. The PULSE SUB+ lets you add bass in any room where you have Bluesound speakers or components. Whether you have the Pulse SOUNDBAR+, a pair of PULSE 2i speakers, or even a NODE streaming music player, the PULSE SUB+ will integrate easily in and deliver crisp, clean bass.
Setting the sub up is straightforward. Plug it into an AC outlet, turn it on, and connect it to your home Wi-Fi network through the BluOS app on your phone or tablet. The app will guide you through pairing your new sub with the other Bluesound devices in your room.
The PULSE SUB+ is compact enough to fit almost anywhere. Simply find the best spot in your room and plop the sub down. Got a sofa? You can place the sub behind or underneath it to keep room clutter down. You can even wall mount the subwoofer with the included bracket (just remember, you'll still need to plug it into AC power.)
A better boom
Bluesound made some upgrades to this latest version of their subwoofer. Sporting an 8" woofer and a beefy 150-watt RMS amplifier, the PULSE SUB+ can output thunderous lows with finesse and punch, all the way down to an impressive 22 Hz. It's a great way to enhance home theater and two-channel setups with those super-deep notes you'd otherwise be missing.
Control made easy
Any components in the Bluesound ecosystem are easily controlled from the free BluOS app (available for Android™ and iOS®). The app allows you to play your favorite tunes and control the system. In terms of subwoofer controls, the app lets you to set the crossover frequency as well as the sub's phase. That gives you the ability to fine-tune the sound for your room, right from the palm of your hand.
- compatible with Bluesound/BluOS wireless speakers and components
- 150-watt RMS Class D amplifier
- 8" polypropylene cone woofer
- frequency response: 22-150 Hz (±2dB)
- variable 50Hz-150 Hz crossover
- side panel volume control buttons
- in-app controls for volume, crossover, and phase adjustment
- line level/LFE (low frequency effects) input for optional wired connection
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for wired network connection
- requires AC power (power cable included)
- requires high-speed internet connection
- 18-1/16"W x 11-15/16"H x 5-3/4"D
- weight: 18.25 lbs.
- requires smartphone or tablet with free Bluesound app for control of system playback
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Pulse Sub+ Black
What's in the box:
- Wireless powered sub
- Detachable grille
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Magentic rubber feet
- Wall-mount bracket
- Cardboard template
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Information
More details on the Bluesound PULSE SUB+
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Amazon Music||Amazon Music HD|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Bluesound PulseSub+: The Bluesound Pulse Sub+ is a wireless powered subwoofer that is specficially designed to be used with Bluesound Generation 2 soundbars, speakers, amplifier, and streamers (all sold separately). Up to two Pulse Sub+ wireless powered subs can be added to a soundbar, pair of speakers, amplifier, or streamer.
Note: The Pulse Sub+ is not compatible with Bluesound Generation 1 products.
8" Woofer/150W Amp: The Bluesound Pulse Sub+ features an 8" polypropylene woofer with rubber surround and a smart DSP Class D amplifier that is rated at 150 watts RMS / 200 watts Peak for deep, detailed bass without distortion. Its tight, dynamic power, and the ability to go down to 22Hz without distortion, makes the Pulse Sub+ ideal for almost any type of sound around the home. For extra bass, a second Pulse Sub+ can be added.
Wireless or Wired Connectivity: The Pulse Sub+ is designed to connect wirelessly to your compatible Bluesound Generation 2 soundbar, speaker, amplifier or streamer using your home's WiFi network. The Pulse Sub+ features built-in WiFi and a Ethernet (RJ45) port for a wired or wireless connection to your home's existing network router. The Pulse Sub+ also offers a mono-RCA input, if you prefer a hardwired connection between the Pulse Sub+ and your compatible Bluesound Gen 2 soundbar, speaker, amplifier, or streamer.
BluOS Controller App: The free BluOS Controller app (for Apple iOS 9.3-up, Android OS 4.1-up, Windows PC (XP-up), and Mac OS X 10.7-up) will be used to setup the Pulse Sub+. The app provides wireless network connection, system configuration, and subwoofer control.
Subwoofer Controls: In the app are simple and dedicated controls for volume (0-10), crossover (50-150Hz/LFE), and phase adjustment (0-180°), allowing you to easily control and adjust the sub to its optimal settings for the best listening experience.
Mounting Options: The Pulse Sub+ features a sleek, compact design and comes with magnetic rubber feet, plus a custom mounting bracket to give you the flexibility and freedom to place the wireless powered sub practically anywhere in your room. Its versatile design allows you to place it vertically on the floor beside a piece of furniture or position it horizontally under a couch. The included mounting bracket allows you to wall-mount the Pulse Sub+.
- Standing Vertical: When placeing the sub on the floor vertically, make sure to attach the supplied magnetic rubber feet to the magnetic area on the bottom of the subwoofer to limit any unwanted vibrations.
- Laying Horizontal: You can place the subwoofer on its back (horizontallY) so it can fit under a sofa or table. The four rubber feet on the back of the product will help limit any unwanted vibrations. The sub measures 18.0625" (w) x 5.75" (h) x 11.9375" (d) when positioned horizontally. The sub measures 18.0625" (w) x 12.0625" (h) x 5.75" (d) when positioned vertically.
- Wall-Mounted: The included bracket allows the sub to be wall-mounted horizontally or vertically. The sub measures 18.0625" (w) x 5.875" (h) x 11.9375" (d) when mounted horizontally. The sub measures 18.0625" (w) x 11.9375" (h) x 5.875" (d) when mounted vertically.
Power Requirements: The Bluesound Pulse Sub+ includes a detachable 6' AC power cord which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
BluOS Wireless High-Resolution Multiroom Audio: The Bluesound Pulse Sub+ wireless powerfed sub is part of the BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio eco-system - consisting of powered speakers, soundbar speakers, amplifiers, players, and hard-drives. The BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio ecosystem uses your home's wired or wireless network to connect multiple Bluesound products and play your music in perfect sync, or different music simultaneously, anywhere in your home. Using advanced technologies (like dual-band WiFi and an ARM Cortex9 1GHz Processor), BluOS can wirelessly transmit lossless music up to 24-bit/192kHz at ultra-fast speeds with no lag and zero loss in sound quality.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: The following audio sources can be used for multiroom audio playback - internet radio (including TuneIn & iHeart Radio); online music services (including Tidal, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer, Slacker, and Napster); Bluetooth & USB audio, music libraries (computers and NAS drives); and Aux inputs (analog or digital).
- Number of BluOS Zones: Up to 16 Bluesound devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. Demonstrated practice has shown that you can create up to 8 groups of 8 Bluesound devices or 4 groups of 16 Bluesound devices. If you want to connect more than 16 Bluesound devices, you will need to connect the Bluesound devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
High Resolution Audio: High-resolution audio tracks are either 24-bit/96kHz or 24-bit/192kHz, and contain up to 6.5x more data than standard CDs, letting you hear all the detail of your favorite music in superior quality. With full support for hi-res audio, you can stream WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WMA-Lossless, MQA music files over your home's WiFi network or directly from a connected USB mass storage class device. The Bluesound system also supports compressed music files such as MP3, AAC, WMA and OGG. Bluesound has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 200,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). Bluesound also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
Notes: Bluesound cannot index or play AAC files with the extension ".m4p". These files were purchased in iTunes prior to 2009 and are subject to copy protection. Apple Consumers with an iTunes Match subscription can delete and re-download these files free of charge from their iTunes Cloud
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated): Bluesound is the first wireless multiroom audio system to support MQA (Master Quality Authenticated). MQA is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that captures and delivers master quality audio in a file that's small enough to stream or download. Bluesound worked closely with MQA to implement technology inside each Bluesound component to ensure the listener will hear MQA encoded music and streams exactly like the source and the way the artist intended you to hear it when it was approved in the studio.
Online Music Services: Many popular music streaming services and internet radio apps are built right into BluOS, giving you an all-access pass to millions of songs and the freedom to listen to everything you want to hear. Using the BluOS Controller app, you can instantly discover and enjoy millions of songs from your existing music services, tune in to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts from around the world, or access and listen to the music collections stored on your smartphone, tablet or laptop on any and Bluesound in your home. Subscription and purchase fees will apply to online music services.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported Bluesound devices from the BluOs App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to a free or paid Spotify subscription and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the Bluesound system using Spotify Connect. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL Connect: The integration of Tidal Connect will enable Tidal users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Bluesound device from within the Tidal app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Qobuz: Qobuz offers the biggest catalog of Hi-Fi and Hi-Res albums in the world, both for new releases and specialized genres. For hundreds of thousands of albums, Qobuz includes all the information you need to recreate the appeal of a real CD - the names of musicians, producers, lyrics (everything you need to know to appreciate your favorite albums). Qobuz offers MP3, CD, and Hi-Res quality subscriptions.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio is accessible through the BluOS app and lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more. Subscription fees will apply.
- TuneIn: The Bluesound system includes access to more than 70,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn internet radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 70,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- iHeart Radio: iHeart Radio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- Slacker: Get the sound quality that you deserve with the new Slacker music library available in high-quality AAC audio on Bluesound. Listen to music streams at a bitrate of 320kbps and enjoy all your favorite Slacker stations in pristine MP3-quality.
- Deezer: Deezer lets you explore over 53 million tracks (and counting), and discover artists and tracks you'll love with personalized recommendations from the Deezer Editors. Bluesound even supports Deezer HiFi for lossless quality ($19.99 per month).
- Other Services: Other online music services include HighResAudio, Murfie, JUKE, KKBox, SoundMachine, and more.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Computer Audio: The BluOS wireless multiroom audio system by Bluesound lets you easily connect and share your music collection from a computer or network-attached storage drive and access up to 200,000 tracks for wireless streaming. The BluOS wireless music system will pull music from an existing digital music library across the network on your Windows PC, Mac computer, or NAS drive using Windows or SMB File Sharing (SAMBA) and the BluOS Controller app for Windows (XP-up) & Mac (OS X 10.7-up). However, File Sharing is not enabled by default on Windows or Mac. You will have to manually alter these settings in your computer's menu system.
AirPlay 2: With AirPlay 2, you'll be able to stream just about any sound (including music, books, podcasts and more) from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the Bluesound system - all in sync. You can even watch movies and videos from Netlfix or YouTube on your Apple device while streaming the audio through to the Bluesound system. AirPlay 2 also gives users more options for control, including using Siri voice assistance. If you are an Apple Music subscriber and add the Pulse Flex 2i to the Apple Home App on your iPhone or iPad, you can use your iOS device or HomePod to say things like - "Hey Siri, play jazz in the Living Room" or "Hey Siri, turn up the volume in the Kitchen." You can even group Gen 2i Bluesound products with older Bluesound products in the BluOS App to add AirPlay 2 compatibility to your entire BluOS system.
Roon Ready: Roon Ready network devices (such as Bluesound) have Roon's streaming technology built-in, and are certified by Roon Labs to provide the highest level of quality and performance in network streaming. Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across all other Roon enabled audio devices in your home. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, DSD, and MQA) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also watch your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with all the Roon enabled devices around your house. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Bluesound product or other Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Bluesound product. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or turnkey appliance (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
Alexa & Google Assistant Voice Control: Blusound supports Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control through an over-the-network firmware update (now available). Using an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), you can use your voice to access your music libraries on your local network, select presets from online music services, control music playback functions such as Play/Pause/Skip, adjust volume levels, play music in different rooms, and even group rooms together. Each Alexa voice command will need to start with the phrase "Alexa or Google, ask Blue Voice to" or "Alexa or Google, tell Blue Voice to". Alexa and Google Skills for BluOS will need to be setup through the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 4.4+) or the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+ ).
- The Bluesound device does not feature a built-in microphone and requires a separate Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories tab) for voice control.
- Click here for more information regarding Alexa setup and voice commands. Clich here for more information regarding Google Assistant setup and voice commands.