About the SVS Prime Wireless Pro SoundBase
A beefy new streaming amplifier from SVS
A beefy new streaming amplifier from SVS
SVS's new Prime Wireless Pro SoundBase is the company's latest foray into the streaming world. This sleek integrated amp was designed to do two things: (1) give users loads of control over sources, and (2) sound amazing. The SoundBase has a potent stereo amplifier that can tackle most home speakers with ease, loads of streaming options, and an intuitive front-panel display that tells you all you need to know about your music.
Clean, powerful amplification
The amplifier inside the SoundBase boasts more power than its size would lead you to believe. A potent two-channel Class D amplifier is housed inside the SoundBase's chassis. It pumps out 150 watts per channel into 4 ohms —plenty of power for most speakers you'd care to connect. Whether you're using beefy tower speakers or bookshelf speakers, the SoundBase was made to drive them without breaking a sweat.
Streaming made easy
This integrated amp connects to your home network to make streaming a breeze. Once connected, you have a ton of streaming sources at your disposal.
You can download the DTS Play-Fi app on your Windows PC or smartphone (available for Android™ and iOS®) and stream music that way. You can also stream to the amp using Apple AirPlay 2 or Chromecast built-in. If your Wi-Fi goes down, no need to fret — you can use the SoundBase's built in Bluetooth to wirelessly stream your music. It supports high-quality formats like aptX® and AAC to preserve the sound quality.
You can even use your voice to control the SoundBase if you have an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. Don't feel like using an app? Six custom presets can be accessed with buttons on the SoundBase's IR remote or its front panel. These presets are great for quickly switching between music services, playlists, and more. The front panel also has two knobs used for selecting sources and controlling volume.
Front-panel OLED display
There's an informative OLED display positioned in the centre of the SoundBase's front panel. The screen displays important information, like which source is selected, the name of the artist you're listening to, and track titles.
The Prime Wireless Pro SoundBase is an elegant machine. Its front panel is adorned with a crisp OLED screen and two control knobs.
You'll find connections for a variety of components on the SoundBase's rear panel. There's an HDMI port for connecting a TV, RCA and 3.5mm line-level inputs for analog music sources, and an optical input for a CD player or other digital audio component. Ethernet connections let you hardwire the amplifier to your network for fast, reliable streaming.
There are a few outputs for extra versatility. A front panel 3.5mm headphone output has you covered if you'd like to connect your headphones to the amplifier for a private listening session. This amp also has a pair of stereo RCA line level outputs for feeding signal out, meaning you can use the Sound Base as a source component for a second amplifier.
You can get more low-end impact in your music by adding a powered subwoofer. You can connect one via the amplifier's mono LFE subwoofer output.
- Class D amplifier provides150 watts x 2 into 4 ohm
- rated bandwidth: 10-20,000 Hz (±1 dB)
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- Bluetooth 5.0 with support for high-quality AAC and aptX streaming from compatible devices
- 6 LED-backlit custom preset buttons
- sources, tracks, and playlists can all be programmed as presets
- front-panel 3.15" OLED display
- shows pertinent system and track info including song titles, artist names, sources, volume level, and more
- works with Apple AirPlay 2 and Google Chromecast
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice controllers
DTS Play-Fi app:
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- plays music stored on network hard drives and computers (DLNA-compatible)
- supports Spotify® Connect, Pandora®, Deezer, Amazon Music Unlimited, TIDAL, SiriusXM, Qobuz, Napster, iHeartRadio, and thousands of free internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- play the same music in multiple zones simultaneously or individually select music for each zone
- plays MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV files
- supports sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz
- ultra-high-resolution files are downsampled to CD quality (16-bit/48kHz) for transmission
- Critical Listing Mode allows streaming of high-res files up to 24-bit/192kHz in native resolution for a single zone at a time
- HDMI port supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)/eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- binding posts accept bare speaker wire, spade connectors, or banana plugs
- Toslink digital optical input
- 3.5mm stereo minijack input
- RCA stereo input
- USB port for firmware updates
- RCA stereo line level output
- front-panel 3.5mm headphone output
- mono subwoofer output
- Ethernet input and output ports
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100dB
- 9-1/8"W x 3-1/4"H x 8-13/16"D
- weight: 6.81 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # PW SOUNDBASE
What's in the box:
- Integrated amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (SVS-R200)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Quick Start Guide
- SVS brochure
- SVS contact information
Customer reviews for SVS Prime Wireless Pro SoundBase
More details on the SVS Prime Wireless Pro SoundBase
Features & specs
|3.5mm Input||RCA, 3.5mm|
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Amazon Music||Amazon Music HD|
|Apple Music||AirPlay 2|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Display & Controls
300W Class-D Amplifier: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase employs a 150 watt x 2ch Class-D amplifier (into 4-ohms @ 20-20kHz with both channels driven). This 300 watt class-D amplifier delivers powerful dynamics with clarity and accuracy. The integrated amp can power a pair of 4-ohm or 8-ohm loudspeakers.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase uses a 24-bit/192kHz DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for Hi-Res playback. This sophisticated digital-to-analog converter renders high quality playback from compatible streaming services and connected devices.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth 5.0 and support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), you are able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer to the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase. You'll be able to control Play/Pause and Volume Up/Down from the included IR remote, as well as view song/artist/information on the integrated amp's front-panel display (no album art). Advanced music playback and album art will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device. With SSP (Simple Secure Pairing), Bluetooth source devices can be paired with a single press of a button and without entering a PIN code. Multiple devices can be paired with the integrated amplifier, but only one device can be connected and playing at a time. The system has a Bluetooth wireless range of approximately 33'.
- SBC: The SBC (Sub-Band Coding) is Bluetooth's standard audio codec that is universally compatible with all Bluetooth-enable devices. SBC supports up to 320kbps.
- AAC: AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) is a step-up from Bluetooth's standard SBC codec and is Apple's standard audio code. AAC supports up to 250kbps.
- aptX: aptX is an audio codec that can provide "CD-quality" music (up to 16-bit/44.1kHz). The integrated amplifier will automatically utilize aptX when connected to a source (such as Android) that supports aptX. Apple iOS devices do not support aptX.
Note: The integrated amplifier does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and answering phone calls.
HDMI eARC/ARC: A HDMI eARC/ARC jack provides connection to your TV's HDMI eARC or ARC jack, so you can play back your TV's audio signal through the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase. The HDMI eARC/ARC jack supports 2ch PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase's HDMI eARC/ARC jack must be connected to a TV's HDMI ARC or eARC input; it will not work with a standard HDMI input.
- The integrated amplifier's HDMI eARC/ARC jack does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multi-channel formats.
- The system's HDMI eARC/ARC jack does not support video signal transmission..
Optical Digital Input: There is a optical (toslink) digital input on the back-panel of the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase. The optical (toslink) digital input allows connect to your TV or media player. The optical digital input supports 2ch stereo PCM up to 24-bit/96kHz.
Note: The optical digital input does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel surround formats.
Dual Aux Inputs: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase is equipped with dual analog Aux inputs. There is an analog stereo RCA input and an analog 3.5mm stereo minijack input for connection of external audio source devices that have a headphone output or analog output.
Note: The unit does not offer a dedicated Phono input. If you want to connect a turntable, you'll need an external phono preamplifier (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) or a turntable with a built-in phono preamp.
Binding Posts Speaker Outputs: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase is outfitted with 5-way binding post terminals for connection of bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). You can connect one pair of 4-ohm or 8-ohm loudspeakers
Subwoofer Output: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase features a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connection of a SVS powered subwoofer or other brand of powered sub (sold separately); subwoofer cable not included. You can also connect a powered subwoofer wirelessly using one of the SVS wireless audio adapters (SoundPath or SoundPath Tri-Band) - both sold separately.
Note: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase does not features a low-pass crossover for the subwoofer output. You will need a powered sub with its own low-pass crossover filter.
Stereo Line Output: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase's stereo RCA line-level output lets the integrated amplifier be a source component in an existing system.
Headphone Jack: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack for listening privately to your music through a set of headphones. Connecting a set of headphones will mute the integrated amp's speaker outputs, subwoofer output, and line outputs.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase offers a wired and wireless network connection to your network router and ISP (internet service provider). There are two Ethernet RJ45 LAN jacks (10/100Mbps) on back of the integrated amp for a hardwired connection to your network router and to daisy-chain another network LAN device. The integrated amplifier also supports 2.4/5GHz Dual-Band WiFi (802.11ac) for a wireless connection to your home's network. By connecting the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase to your home network router and ISP, you can gain access to AirPlay 2, Chromecast built-in, DTS Play-Fi, and Spotify Connect.
Note: The WiFi network connection can be setup using WPS (WiFi Protected Setup), DTS Play-Fi app (for Apple iOS 10.0+, Android OS 5.0+, or Windows PC 7-up), Google Home app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS8.0+), or AirPlay 2 (Apple iOS only).
DTS Play-Fi: DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound - up to 24-bit/192kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router. The Play-Fi app (for Apple iOS 10.0+, Android OS 5.0+, or Windows PC 7-up) is required to enjoy DTS Play-Fi wireless audio. You'll be able stream music directly from select music online services and internet radio stations, or music on your mobile device or computer to a single DTS Play-Fi device, group of DTS Play-Fi devices, or all your DTS Play-Fi devices through out your home. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room. The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art.
- Source Content: DTS Play-Fi enables wireless audio streaming from the world's most popular music services & internet radio, including - Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music (including HD), iHeartRadio, Napster, & more (subscription & fees may apply). You can also listen to the music libraries stored on your Apple iOS or Android OS mobile device running the Play-Fi app (music libraries must be stored on the device and not the cloud). In addition, DTS Play-Fi is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7-up) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network. MAC OS X computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not natively support DLNA.
- Critical Listening Mode: For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/192kHz, with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment. In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity. Critical Listening Mode is only available on the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase in a single zone, and does not support multiroom audio distribution.
- Multiroom Audio: You can create a wireless multiroom audio system with multiple DTS Play-Fi integrated amps (sold separately). You'll be able to play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Compatible sources include compatible online music services and internet radio stations, music libraries stored on your Apple iOS or Android device (not the cloud), music libraries on your Windows PC or other DLNA music server, Bluetooth audio, as well as analog, digital, and HDMI inputs. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended. Supported multiroom audio sources include -
- Amazon Alexa (Optional): The SVS Prime Wireless integrated amplifier supports voice control of select DTS Play-Fi music apps (such as Amazon, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, & Spotify Connect) from an Amazon Alexa device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) that is connected to the same WiFi network. Voice control functions include initiating playback of an Artist, Album, Song, Station or Podcast from a compatible music app on a specific integrated amp/player or zone/room; as well a playback controls such as Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause/Resume, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat and Like/Unlike.
Chromecast Built-In: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS8.0+) to enable Chromecast built-in. Chromecast built-in gives you access to hundreds of online music streaming services, internet radio, and podcasts. Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. While you cast your music, you can still use your smartphone to answer a call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on the SVS integrated amplifier.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Chromecast built-in lets you play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, YouTube Music, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the SVS integrated amplifier. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the integrated amp.
- Multiroom Audio: Add more Chromecast built-in devices and speakers throughout your home (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all Chromecast devices or groups of devices in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the Google Assistant and your voice on a compatible Google Home device.
- Google Assistant (Optional): Purchase a Google Home wireless integrated amp (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase and your Google Home integrated amp must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Note: Chromecast built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service. Click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) through the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase and other compatible AirPlay 2 device throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the SVS integrated amplifier. In addition, you can watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Display & Controls
Front-Panel Display & Controls: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase features a front-panel 3.15" OLED screen that displays source selection, volume level, and menu settings, as well as artist/song/album information from network & Bluetooth audio sources. Also on the front-panel of the integrated amp are two 3-way rotary knobs and six preset buttons. The right rotary knob controls volume up/down, play/pause and mute functions; while the left rotary knob operates source and display selections. The six front-panel presets give you one-touch access to compatible DTS Play-Fi music services internet radio stations, playlists, and podcasts.
- You can dim the display by a single press on the left control knob or by pressing the display button on the remote control. A second press will turn off the display and the preset LED backlights but leave the SVS logo on. A third press turns all lights off.
- When the Display is set of Off mode, any use of the controls on the product, the remote control, or a streaming app will momentarily activate the display to give visual feedback before once again turning off.
Remote Control: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the integrated amplifier. The IR receiver is located on front-panel of the integrated amp. The remote offers basic control of the integrated amplifier; advanced control and music navigation will need to be done from a compatible music app on your smartphone or tablet device. The remote operates source selection (not including network), Play/Pause, Volume, and Mute functions. Like the front-panel, there are six preset buttons on the remote for one-touch access to your favorite DTS Play-Fi online music services, internet radio stations, playlists, and podcasts. The remote is powered by two "AAA" batteries (included).
Note: There is a IR Input (3.5mm) on the back of the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase to connect an external IR system (sold separately) in case you put the integrated amp inside a cabinet.
AC Power with Auto Standby: The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase comes with a detachable 6' AC power cord (IEC 3-prong) that will need to be plugged into the back of the integrated amp and into an AC power outlet or surge protector/line-conditioner (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
- The SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase has an automatic standby mode designed to save energy when not in use. If no signal is detected or no commands are given to the integrated amplifier for 30 minutes, the Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase will go into standby mode. In standby, the amplifier and OLED display turns off.
- The Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase will remain connected to the network so that any use of the controls on the unit, remote control, or a streaming app will instantly wake up the integrated amplifier from standby. A wake-up command through HDMI-CEC, or re-connection of a Bluetooth device will also wake-up the system.
USB Service Port: There is a USB-A service port on the back of the SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbase that can be used for service, software, and firmware updates. The USB-A service port can also be used to power an SVS wireless audio adapter (SoundPath or SoundPath Tri-Band - sold separately).
Note: The USB-A service port cannot be used for media playback from a USB MSC device (such as a thumbdrive), Apple iOS or Android device, USB hub or card-reader, laptop or desktop computer, or any other USB enabled source device.
2 questions already asked